Notifications
Clear all

How I cured my severe cystic acne after 14 years

MemberMember
(@lolo37)

Posted : 09/27/2017 10:10 am

Hey everyone! I wanted to share a little bit of my story and how I have finally cured my severe cystic acne after suffering for 14 years.

So I started getting acne all over my face at eight years old. EIGHT YEARS OLD. From there on the acne got progressively worse. I went to probably 20 different dermatologists throughout the years and no one helped me. I went through every single prescription wash, cream, and pill dermatologists prescribe. I have also bought everything over the counter without prevail. You name it and I've used it. These medications include accutane twice. **I do NOT wish my worst enemy to take accutane. Terrible terrible life long side effects now including memory loss.** I even have burn scars on my hands from taking doxycycline and having a major photosensitivity reaction. Point is, none of those medications or creams worked for me. Anyways, my cystic acne was absolutely terrible all over my entire face and sometimes on my back and chest as well. I was red, oozy, lumpy, and bumpy all of the time, 247, for years. I'm a female, but even make up couldn't hide how bad my acne was. My acne severely affected my self-esteem and life, but that's a story for another time. I was told several times by multiple doctors that they didn't know how to help me. I had hormones tested, diabetes test, autoimmune disease tests, PCOS tests, vitamins tests, you name it and I did it! No one knew why my skin was so bad, what was causing it or how to help me. I felt hopeless and was trying to come to terms with the fact that I would have terrible skin for the rest of my life and needed to learn how to live with it.

To cut to the chase: At age 20, after 12 years of severe acne with no resolve, I decided to try and take a holistic route after so many let-downs from western medicine.

Here's what I did:
started acupuncture,
cut out dairy, gluten, and soy from my diet,
started meditating,
started exercising more,
started washing my face with bottled water and raw honey,
started taking garlic supplement and oregano oil alternating every other month as a natural antibiotic,
started taking probiotics,
and I did all of this for one year.
I saw a major improvements in my skin, but it still wasn't perfect....

Here's what I did next:
continued acupuncture,
started chiropractor (spine alignment and nerves can cause acne),
continued vitamins,
continued eating healthy, but not as strict,
***started drinking 1-2 eight or ten oz cups of coffee per day.
Now, I know what you're thinking that coffee causes acne, but nope! Not for me! Coffee along with chiropractic work has now totally cleared my cystic acne. But at this point I was left with a completely clear face except for a multitude of tiny bumps across my forehead.....

Here's what I did then:
continued the above,
started washing my face with HEAD AND SHOULDERS SHAMPOO 2-3X per day.
I read that tiny tiny bumps across the forehead is actually a type of fungus and anti-dandruff shampoo helps to get rid of it. Within two days of doing this my skin became COMPLETELY clear from my forehead to my chin!!!!!

I can't believe I am saying this, but suffering from severe acne from age 8 to 22, I have CURED MY ACNE! I hope this helps even just one person. I know how terrible this disease is and if anyone has any questions about my journey at all I would love to try and help. This is what worked for me. I don't know that it will work for everyone, but I know most of us acne sufferers will try anything. The only thing I am left with now is discoloration and mild scarring, which I have not started my endeavor to fixing that (still basking in the thrill of no more acne). Now, I continue to go to the acupuncturist, chiropractor, drink coffee, and wash with anti-dandruff shampoo.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 09/28/2017 5:00 pm

On 9/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, lolo37 said:

Hey everyone! I wanted to share a little bit of my story and how I have finally cured my severe cystic acne after suffering for 14 years.

So I started getting acne all over my face at eight years old. EIGHT YEARS OLD. From there on the acne got progressively worse. I went to probably 20 different dermatologists throughout the years and no one helped me. I went through every single prescription wash, cream, and pill dermatologists prescribe. I have also bought everything over the counter without prevail. You name it and I've used it. These medications include accutane twice. **I do NOT wish my worst enemy to take accutane. Terrible terrible life long side effects now including memory loss.** I even have burn scars on my hands from taking doxycycline and having a major photosensitivity reaction. Point is, none of those medications or creams worked for me. Anyways, my cystic acne was absolutely terrible all over my entire face and sometimes on my back and chest as well. I was red, oozy, lumpy, and bumpy all of the time, 247, for years. I'm a female, but even make up couldn't hide how bad my acne was. My acne severely affected my self-esteem and life, but that's a story for another time. I was told several times by multiple doctors that they didn't know how to help me. I had hormones tested, diabetes test, autoimmune disease tests, PCOS tests, vitamins tests, you name it and I did it! No one knew why my skin was so bad, what was causing it or how to help me. I felt hopeless and was trying to come to terms with the fact that I would have terrible skin for the rest of my life and needed to learn how to live with it.

To cut to the chase: At age 20, after 12 years of severe acne with no resolve, I decided to try and take a holistic route after so many let-downs from western medicine.

Here's what I did:
started acupuncture,
cut out dairy, gluten, and soy from my diet,
started meditating,
started exercising more,
started washing my face with bottled water and raw honey,
started taking garlic supplement and oregano oil alternating every other month as a natural antibiotic,
started taking probiotics,
and I did all of this for one year.
I saw a major improvements in my skin, but it still wasn't perfect....

Here's what I did next:
continued acupuncture,
started chiropractor (spine alignment and nerves can cause acne),
continued vitamins,
continued eating healthy, but not as strict,
***started drinking 1-2 eight or ten oz cups of coffee per day.
Now, I know what you're thinking that coffee causes acne, but nope! Not for me! Coffee along with chiropractic work has now totally cleared my cystic acne. But at this point I was left with a completely clear face except for a multitude of tiny bumps across my forehead.....

Here's what I did then:
continued the above,
started washing my face with HEAD AND SHOULDERS SHAMPOO 2-3X per day.
I read that tiny tiny bumps across the forehead is actually a type of fungus and anti-dandruff shampoo helps to get rid of it. Within two days of doing this my skin became COMPLETELY clear from my forehead to my chin!!!!!

I can't believe I am saying this, but suffering from severe acne from age 8 to 22, I have CURED MY ACNE! I hope this helps even just one person. I know how terrible this disease is and if anyone has any questions about my journey at all I would love to try and help. This is what worked for me. I don't know that it will work for everyone, but I know most of us acne sufferers will try anything. The only thing I am left with now is discoloration and mild scarring, which I have not started my endeavor to fixing that (still basking in the thrill of no more acne). Now, I continue to go to the acupuncturist, chiropractor, drink coffee, and wash with anti-dandruff shampoo.

What kind of acne did you have? Where was it on your face? Do you have any pics?

MemberMember
(@lolo37)

Posted : 10/01/2017 8:26 pm

Severe cystic acne over entire face. And then little tiny bumps everywhere else. Cysts were more concentrated on forehead, jawline, and around mouth. I dont not have pics sorry

MemberMember
(@jhlo)

Posted : 10/02/2017 8:31 am

I also had severe cystic acne all over my face for 3 years. My face was completely distorted. Doctors gave me doxycycline.Helped with inflammation, but then got worse. After much research, I learned that it could be due to mites. I used zz cream and took probiotics. It started clearing up after about 2 months (within 1 month the cysts started bursting and then healing). I am convinced acne starts as a result of a poor digestive system stemming from no good bacteria(leading to weak immune system). Probiotics are a miracle. The cream killed the mites that were causing the bacteria. I am now acne free, a total of 2.5 years after beginning the treatment. I still use the cream and take the probiotics.

MemberMember
(@wesfitz99)

Posted : 10/05/2017 3:20 am

On 10/3/2017 at 1:31 AM, JHlo said:

I also had severe cystic acne all over my face for 3 years. My face was completely distorted. Doctors gave me doxycycline.Helped with inflammation, but then got worse. After much research, I learned that it could be due to mites. I used zz cream and took probiotics. It started clearing up after about 2 months (within 1 month the cysts started bursting and then healing). I am convinced acne starts as a result of a poor digestive system stemming from no good bacteria(leading to weak immune system). Probiotics are a miracle. The cream killed the mites that were causing the bacteria. I am now acne free, a total of 2.5 years after beginning the treatment. I still use the cream and take the probiotics.

What brand of probiotics do you recommend?

MemberMember
(@jhlo)

Posted : 10/05/2017 4:57 am

I like Jarrow-Ultra Jarro-dophilus, 50 billion.  You may find them on Amazon.  I started out taking 2 per day for 2 years, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.  I would hold off eating for an hour or so, as the stomach acid produced to digest food kills them.  They work and are the most inexpensive I have found.  You also don't have to refrigerate them, although I do anyway.  I am now down to 50 billion per day. 

1 hour ago, Wesfitz99 said:
On Ž02Ž/Ž10Ž/Ž2017 at 2:31 PM, JHlo said:

I also had severe cystic acne all over my face for 3 years.  My face was completely distorted.  Doctors gave me doxycycline.    Helped with inflammation, but then got worse.  After much research, I learned that it could be due to mites.  I used zz cream and took probiotics.  It started clearing up after about 2 months (within 1 month the cysts started bursting and then healing).  I am convinced acne starts as a result of a poor digestive system stemming from no good bacteria (leading to weak immune system).  Probiotics are a miracle.  The cream killed the mites that were causing the bacteria.  I am now acne free, a total of 2.5 years after beginning the treatment.  I still use the cream and take the probiotics. 

What brand of probiotics do you recommend?

Sorry, forgot to quote you.... question answered above :)