Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boruto

Desperately need help regards to cortisone.

On 9/26/2017 at 6:32 PM, confused96 said:

How did this happen to you? Did you simply wake up with this? Ps i don't think getting a cortisone shot on your own would help

Edited by Boruto

I think something similar happened to me so a few questions: 
does it hurt? How long ago did this happen? How old are you? 

28 minutes ago, Boruto said:

I couldn't tell you how this really happened, I had a break out, reaction   to an oxy OTC cream I used. 

I dried the areas using excessive soap the pimples or cysts whatever they were went deep into my skin leaving it like that, that's the only logical explanation I have. 

I've tried everything but a cortisone injection and no medic here for some strange reason wants to give it. Thus I am desperate. 

I think a cortisone injection into those huge lesions is the only solution that can help penetrate it given how deep it is. I've found all day chemist and a few other websites selling kenalog, what's the worst that can happen. If you have any ideas, solutions please. 

Answer asap please

On 9/26/2017 at 7:12 PM, confused96 said:

I think something similar happened to me so a few questions: 
does it hurt? How long ago did this happen? How old are you? 

Answer asap please
Edited by Boruto

1 minute ago, Boruto said:
This happened when I was starting college which was the fall of 13 and I'm now in my mid 20's.

It does hurt, it's very distressing uncomfortable, it's like wearing a coat of paint on your skin you find it hard to make expressions, move your mouth freely. Just feels like something is stuck to your face like a mask. 
You're the only person I've come across online who has said that you also had/have this. I've met or heard or read anyone with these symptoms. 

And in all these years it didn't get better???

And have you tried any antibiotics?

On 9/26/2017 at 7:32 PM, confused96 said:
On 9/26/2017 at 7:30 PM, Boruto said:
This happened when I was starting college which was the fall of 13 and I'm now in my mid 20's.

It does hurt, it's very distressing uncomfortable, it's like wearing a coat of paint on your skin you find it hard to make expressions, move your mouth freely. Just feels like something is stuck to your face like a mask. 
You're the only person I've come across online who has said that you also had/have this. I've met or heard or read anyone with these symptoms. 

And in all these years it didn't get better???
Edited by Boruto

Do you have it in both sides of your face? I have it mainly in one side. Only thing that has helped For me has been time. I haven't recovered yet. Do you think it's an acne problem and could go away with time?? I would love to know if a cortisone shot would help, but make a doctor do it

On 9/26/2017 at 8:14 PM, confused96 said:

Do you have it in both sides of your face? I have it mainly in one side. Only thing that has helped For me has been time. I haven't recovered yet. Do you think it's an acne problem and could go away with time?? I would love to know if a cortisone shot would help, but make a doctor do it

Edited by Boruto

Some symptoms I also have are enlarged pores and superflous hair on the problematic zone. Do you as well?

and is it very noticeable? Is this the reason why it is so concerning for you?

On 9/26/2017 at 9:48 PM, confused96 said:

Some symptoms I also have are enlarged pores and superflous hair on the problematic zone. Do you as well?

and is it very noticeable? Is this the reason why it is so concerning for you?

Edited by Boruto

Ok do you have the other symptoms i told you?

and, as I feel like I have some liquid trapped inside my skin, one of my thoughts was to ask a dermatologist to penetrate with a needle and analyze the liquid. Have you thought about this?

Hi,  try ZZ cream and take probiotics (100 billion per day).  You should see a difference within a week or so, if it will work for you.  If it does work, you will see the cysts dry up then scab.  It can take up to 1 month for it to really start healing.  The probiotics will help you rebuild your immune system (especially if you've taken antibiotics for any significant amount of time).  You can get 60 tablets of 50 billion each for about $30.  ZZ cream is about $40.  Your skin doesn't look that bad so worth a shot. 

• Moisturize your skin regularly to avoid dry skin and strengthen the skin barrier to help prevent future inflammation or redness.
  •  
  •  
  • Choose fragrance-free cleanser and apply polysporin or any other triple antibiotic ointment that will help it heal. 

I wish I had pictures of mine to show.  My entire face was distorted, nose, forehead, chin.  It was bad.  People would stop me on the streets to ask what was wrong with my face.  The cream and probiotics really saved me.  People that know me can't believe I don't have massive scars or holes where the cysts were. 

On 9/27/2017 at 4:01 PM, JHlo said:

I wish I had pictures of mine to show.  My entire face was distorted, nose, forehead, chin.  It was bad.  People would stop me on the streets to ask what was wrong with my face.  The cream and probiotics really saved me.  People that know me can't believe I don't have massive scars or holes where the cysts were. 

Edited by Boruto

Just a bit more background on my problem, stress was the first trigger, which surfaced as a couple of small cysts.  Then I went to the doctor and they gave me doxycycline.   It seemed help, but I was on it for too long and it killed all of my good bacteria, resulting in digestive problems then a very weak immune system.  
What caused the cysts were mites that died in my sebaceous glands causing a bacterial infection.  The cysts were actually white blood cells trying to kill the bacteria.  This is not usually a problem for us humans to manage, but my immune system was too busy dealing with the digestive system damage to keep up.  I eventually became infested with these mites and within weeks they took over my entire face.  So, I had to kill the mites then repair my immune system. 

Yes, I totally understand how you must feel.  I felt like the elephant woman for 3 years.  Sure, you can do to demodexsolutions.com to find the cream.  It is referred to as ZZ cream.  There are many probiotics, but they can be expensive.  The best value I found was Jarrow, 50 billion.  Just go to amazon to find them.  You get 60 capsules for around £27.  I take 2 per day.  I am totally honest about how quickly you will see a difference, if your problem is about your immune system.  Just a caveat about the cream, it will cause your skin to dry up and be a little scaley at first, but it only lasts for a couple of weeks.  Night time is the critical time to use it, before you go to bed, but I also put it on in the morning. 

On 9/27/2017 at 4:16 PM, JHlo said:

Just a bit more background on my problem, stress was the first trigger, which surfaced as a couple of small cysts.  Then I went to the doctor and they gave me doxycycline.   It seemed help, but I was on it for too long and it killed all of my good bacteria, resulting in digestive problems then a very weak immune system.  
What caused the cysts were mites that died in my sebaceous glands causing a bacterial infection.  The cysts were actually white blood cells trying to kill the bacteria.  This is not usually a problem for us humans to manage, but my immune system was too busy dealing with the digestive system damage to keep up.  I eventually became infested with these mites and within weeks they took over my entire face.  So, I had to kill the mites then repair my immune system. 

Yes, I totally understand how you must feel.  I felt like the elephant woman for 3 years.  Sure, you can do to demodexsolutions.com to find the cream.  It is referred to as ZZ cream.  There are many probiotics, but they can be expensive.  The best value I found was Jarrow, 50 billion.  Just go to amazon to find them.  You get 60 capsules for around £27.  I take 2 per day.  I am totally honest about how quickly you will see a difference, if your problem is about your immune system.  Just a caveat about the cream, it will cause your skin to dry up and be a little scaley at first, but it only lasts for a couple of weeks.  Night time is the critical time to use it, before you go to bed, but I also put it on in the morning. 

Edited by Boruto

Yes, mine was below the surface.  Big lumps all over.  They were really like cysts.  When the cream dried them out they popped themselves, sometimes with blood mixed in with clear and white gunk.  Pretty icky.  yes, that is the link. 

Don't forget the probiotics, too. 

I hope this works for you, too!

26 minutes ago, JHlo said:

Yes, mine was below the surface.  Big lumps all over.  They were really like cysts.  When the cream dried them out they popped themselves, sometimes with blood mixed in with clear and white gunk.  Pretty icky.  yes, that is the link. 

Don't forget the probiotics, too. 

I hope this works for you, too!

did you Experience swelling as well?