Notifications
Clear all

Dianette

MemberMember
(@em12345)

Posted : 09/26/2017 5:57 am

Hello I started Dianette about 2 weeks ago and i was just wondering what people use for skin care when on Dianette my skin is breaking out and it's getting me down so much I am so depressed

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 09/26/2017 5:17 pm

I have been on dianette for 12 years. Now all I use is dove soap. You just need to be gentle. I broke out terribly for the first couple of months but then the transformation was amazing. Stick with it. It is so worth it!!

Em12345 liked
MemberMember
(@em12345)

Posted : 09/28/2017 7:04 am

I'm on a 3 month corse then I am back to the dermatologist to see if it has helped then I think I was going to start roaccutane but now you have said that I want to keep on abit longer to see if it works, it's so horrible when you are breaking out cos I just don't have much hope

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 09/28/2017 6:30 pm

Yes I totally empathise with you. Most things get worse before they get better tho, roaccutane is the same. It's tough , but patience is needed!! Keep posting. Interested to hear how you get on.

MemberMember
(@persephona)

Posted : 10/13/2017 11:15 pm

I am on Diane too, 3th month with one month break.

My skincare is so simple, I use Bioderma H20 sensibio micellar water to clean my face day and night, I take off my foundation with it too. Then wash my face with only warm water.
I used to use an antibiotic lotion afterwards on my acne, It was a homemade one by a cosmetitian and I have no idea of the ingredients, it was white and smelled like alcohol but it helped me like crazy. Too bad now they stoped to made it and I started to use tea tree oil instead on my acne. It did not do wonders but it helped my acne to dry quickly and it made my skin texture better.

I used to use more products and used to put moisturizer before bedtime but always woke up with huge new pimples so I decided to make my routine as simple as possible. No great revolutionary progress here but still is a movement. I plan on starting to use aloe vera.
I rely mostly on the Diane and thats why I avoid to put additional products so they wont break me out more..

Em12345 and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@indigonumeric)

Posted : 10/14/2017 10:23 am

On 26/09/2017 at 11:17 PM, Juwalker said:

I have been on dianette for 12 years. Now all I use is dove soap. You just need to be gentle. I broke out terribly for the first couple of months but then the transformation was amazing. Stick with it. It is so worth it!!

Did you find you go through phases of breakouts still over the 12 years? I have been on dianette for 5 years but the past month my skin has gone bad again although nothing has changed. Do you think I've built up an immunity or it's it's a phase? Really appreciate some help :(

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/14/2017 5:21 pm

No IndigoNumeric, I didn't have what you would call a break out again after the first 6 months. I would get the very occasional spot, but that was all. I don't know if you can develop an immunity. It's not like an antibiotic. Not sure though.
You're not taking any other medication or vitamins/ supplements that could be affecting it are you? You haven't been ill/sick and/ or not taken your pills. If I forgot and missed even a few days pills I would start to get spottier, but then it would correct itself as soon as I got back to my routine.