Notifications
Clear all

Red acne marks on my face forever!

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 09/25/2017 10:52 pm

Quick background on my acne story. I first started getting really bad acne when I was around 17 years old. Pimples, redness, the whole nine yards all over my face. I am now 24 years old, and it hasn't been pimples that have been the problem lately. It is the redness of my face. My face feels great, and it has felt great for the past few years. It feels very smooth and I always keep it clean and all that. But the redness just will not go away. I just want normal, even tone skin. I rarely get any pimples on my face, and when I do, they go away rather quickly. But man, this redness just will not go away.

I have literally tried every product, from topical creams, to pills by mouth. Nothing has worked. I am not trying Accutane for personal reasons. I would like to think this will just get better over time, but I am just embarrassed when I go out.

What exactly do I have? What has worked for everyone else that has had something similar to this?

IMG_5132.PNGIMG_5133.PNG

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 09/27/2017 8:43 pm

Does anybody have any recommendations by chance, or know anything what I am experiencing?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 10/02/2017 3:57 am

Have you tried sudacrem or aloe Vera gel to reduce the redness?

MemberMember
(@jhlo)

Posted : 10/02/2017 10:12 am

On 28/09/2017 at 2:43 AM, Brent33 said:

Does anybody have any recommendations by chance, or know anything what I am experiencing?

Do you still have acne, at all? I just ask because I see some bumps. I had rosacea andused a combo of zz cream and probiotics. I am nowall clear, but have been doing micro needling toget rid of scars. It has also reduced red spots, although I don't havemany any longer.

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 10/03/2017 7:40 pm

On October 2, 2017 at 3:57 AM, jPablo said:

Have you tried sudacrem or aloe Vera gel to reduce the redness?

I have not. I feel like these would just make my face even more red. It's already red as it is. Seriously, when I get out of the shower, my face looks like a pizza.

On October 2, 2017 at 10:12 AM, JHlo said:
Do you still have acne, at all? I just ask because I see some bumps. I had rosacea andused a combo of zz cream and probiotics. I am nowall clear, but have been doing micro needling toget rid of scars. It has also reduced red spots, although I don't havemany any longer.

I think my acne is gone at this point. I will get a pimple here and there that will hang around but then eventually go away. But besides that, my skin feels really great. No bumps or anything. It is just so red and it looks terrible but my face feels great.

There has to be something out there that will fix the color tone of the skin on my face. I am not an expert on products, so I'm asking for some suggestions. Right now, I have been using an oil free acne wash by Neutrogena in the shower. Then I'm using Hydropeptude purifying cleanser after. I've heard this could help with the acne redness I've been experiencing, but after a week so far, nothing has changed.

If you think I should try aloe vera, what exact product should I go buy?

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 10/03/2017 9:48 pm

Here's a couple other pics. More redness here than the original pictures

IMG_5215.PNG

IMG_5216.PNG

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 10/04/2017 1:42 am

Fruit of the earth aloe Vera 100% gel or actual extract from the plant itself. Test a patch of it on one part of your face for about and week and see how it reacts. You can get small tubes of it 21.2g, so shouldn't break the bank!

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 10/04/2017 9:39 pm

I will look into that within the next week or so. I want to see if the hydropeptide purifying cleanser that I'm using has any effect the next few days first. You think the aloe Vera will tone down the redness of my face?

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 10/04/2017 11:00 pm

On 10/2/2017 at 10:12 AM, JHlo said:

So I have rosacea. I knew there was a name for my condition and that's basically it. Tell me more about zz cream, and where I could get it.

Also, i have heard dermalmd rosacea serum has worked for some people.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 10/05/2017 1:12 am

3 hours ago, Brent33 said:

I will look into that within the next week or so. I want to see if the hydropeptide purifying cleanser that I'm using has any effect the next few days first. You think the aloe Vera will tone down the redness of my face?

yes I would believe so. Google aloe Vera and rosacea and see if there have been any reviews from people with a similar situation. All the best

MemberMember
(@jhlo)

Posted : 10/05/2017 4:50 am

On 04/10/2017 at 1:40 AM, Brent33 said:
I have not. I feel like these would just make my face even more red. It's already red as it is. Seriously, when I get out of the shower, my face looks like a pizza.

I think my acne is gone at this point. I will get a pimple here and there that will hang around but then eventually go away. But besides that, my skin feels really great. No bumps or anything. It is just so red and it looks terrible but my face feels great.

There has to be something out there that will fix the color tone of the skin on my face. I am not an expert on products, so I'm asking for some suggestions. Right now, I have been using an oil free acne wash by Neutrogena in the shower. Then I'm using Hydropeptude purifying cleanser after. I've heard this could help with the acne redness I've been experiencing, but after a week so far, nothing has changed.

If you think I should try aloe vera, what exact product should I go buy?

The zz cream is quite soothing. It may help with the redness. My redness is totally gone. I never had luck with aloe vera for the redness, but you never know.

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 10/05/2017 2:22 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I ended up buying the DermalMD Rosacea Serum. At this point I'm not expecting anything to work so if anyone else has experience with other solutions, feel free to drop them here. All I want is my face to have a somewhat even skin tone and not a pizza red face color!

MemberMember
(@lanaodel)

Posted : 10/06/2017 2:14 pm

I tried Illuma Lightening Serum by Image and noticed positive results the next day. It is expensive but worth it as it lasts long too. I was normally quite red after removing makeup but after using it my skin calmed down a lot and was quickly much more even in tone (I'm quite pale so I was pleased with how well it balanced my skin). you could also try a pH balancing cleanser - this is not for acne but for the balance of the skin condition and skintone itself. Neither will dry out skin. You could also try a restoring serum.

MemberMember
(@brent33)

Posted : 10/11/2017 8:40 pm

Still waiting on my DermalMD Rosacea Serum to arrive. Haven't seen one negative review about it. Still have redness all over my face unfortunately.

i heard someone else on here say that using an oil free moisturizer in the shower irritates the skin and is a big reason why it can make someone's face red. Is that true? What else could I use in the shower then?

MemberMember
(@rziplasma)

Posted : 04/18/2018 3:34 am

have you had any progress now?

MemberMember
(@royjones8899)

Posted : 04/30/2018 2:39 pm

Your face gets red in the shower because of the temperature of the water mainly. Your entire body is heating up and the temperature of your skin rises. It's hard to shower in cold water but that would prevent it. Also, can take spray a peppermint essential oil based mist on the body (very dilluted), as peppermint has been shown to decrease the surface temperature of the skin. Also drink a glass of ice water when you get out of the shower.