18 months strict re...

Notifications
Clear all

18 months strict regimen - continue to get whiteheads around nose

MemberMember
(@sleekpendulum)

Posted : 09/25/2017 3:44 pm

I've been on the regimen strictly following the guidelines for 18 months - I never had really bad acne just whiteheads and big spots on my nose randomly appearing.

Even after 18 months I'm still getting many small whiteheads every week and occasionally huge spots on my nose. I'm 27, so its pretty frustrating to still have to be dealing with teenage spots!

Is it time I give up the regimen - seems not to be achieving the results I had hoped?

Any help / recommendation appreciated
Thanks,
John

MemberMember
(@facewar)

Posted : 09/25/2017 7:52 pm

I would add a few drops of tea tree oil to the moisturizer. You can buy tea tree oil online pretty easily, its a natural disinfectant, and it adds a little extra antibacterial power to the regimen. Don't just slather it undiluted on your skin though, it dries things out and does more harm than good. But about 1% (2 drops per finger-length of moisturizer) works pretty well for me.

MemberMember
(@sleekpendulum)

Posted : 09/26/2017 2:04 am

thanks for the reply facewar - my skins naturally pretty greasy, especially around my nose - is that a problem in terms of adding extra oil?

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 10/12/2017 3:15 am

If you have oily skin, I would suggest that you avoid applying more oil to it. Something that will help with oily or acne-prone skin might help. Try the tea tree oil thing. I agree that it is a natural anti-microbial and a little could help eliminate the oiliness.