Notifications
Clear all

Acne scar treatment required and type of scar

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/25/2017 2:54 am

Hi everybody,

Anyone please help me. I have done numerous amount of microneedling and 1 session of Total FX with minimal results.
I have no idea what scars i really have and what treatment i must undergo to see improvement. My main concern is my temples and cheek bone area. It means alot to me if i can get some opinion here.

Thanks alot

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image008.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/25/2017 4:45 am

Lots of box cars, some icepicks, and some rolling. Temples would do best with subcision.

I can give you a plan PM me.

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/25/2017 6:48 am

Thank you very much for your opinion!!
BTW, a plastic surgeon suggested me nokor subcision with fat for my temples and cheek area. Tca cross for ice pick and final step would be dermarolling for blending. Do you think i have fat atrophy? If so will I do well with fat ?? Most of my scars (90-95%) totally disappear when I stretch manually except for the two big boxcar on my left cheekbone area. Eliptical excision maybe for those who big scars??
P.s Deep fx 25 mj did nothing but only put me in pain

thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/25/2017 7:22 am

No excision, asking for more scars in my opinion.

Sure fat is is like filler for subcision.

TCA cross is right for icepicks.

No I do not see major fat atrophy.

I can give you a plan PM me.

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/25/2017 7:32 am

Tbh I'm not really sure whether it's fat atrophy or dermal thinning. But what is obvious is that most of my scars disappear when stretched. I've done deep fx before, minimal to 0 results. Do you think infini is better than deep fx?? Btw, if there's no tethering on my temples what will be the permanent solution. Tnx!

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/25/2017 4:10 pm

Infini with PRP, subcsion with dermal HA spacer. Your cheeks (high up) - thats a major problem - vvv broad box car scars. Tricky but can be done, excisional elevation of the entire scar at or slightly above level of surrounding skin. Not cutting the scar but elevating it. Why? Because we want to prepare for ablative. These scars are treatable, but require several steps to get them elevated. Temples, superficial and deep filling will help, with gentle subcision. Infini in this context if used with PRP will give you a much faster healing time that Lumenis Ultrapulse- Deep FX, especially if high density is used. Fractional Co2 still has its place and will out perform microneedling RF if scars are vvv fibrotic (had collagen, which is densely packed). TCA for deep scars, I do not advocate excision in YOUR case due to broad scars and how they do not lie in lines of less tension -Langers Lines, all the best. Obi

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/25/2017 7:42 pm

Thanks for the input. Most of the PS in my country doesn't want to do anything involving dermatosurgery except subcicion. Is subcision with HA fillers alone enough for my temples?? If so is the results permanent or I need to refill? My main concern is my temples, I'll get my check sort d out later when I'm abroad.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 09/26/2017 12:04 am

I think subcision would help you too, search for "subcision" here using the search function and you can see other peoples types of scars and their improvement and it might help you decide if it's something you want to proceed with. I don't know if it will be enough improvement for you but if not you can have multiple treatments done and/or a combination approach of different treatments. The results are permanent with some initial swelling afterwards.

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/26/2017 12:57 am

thanks for the input guys,

Ive decided to start off with TCA CROSS (2-3X)-ice pick
then followed by subcision with INFINI (with PRP) above and under (4X)-tethered,boxcar,rolling
Finally subcision with filler-atrophic (missing dermal tissue)

Filler act as a buffer and long term remodelling from INFINI

This could take 8-12 months to complete and I will keep you guys updated.
Any suggestion/alteration in my treatment plan mostly welcomed.

BTW, anyone who wants to do INFINI treament with PRP (4X) can do in Malaysia. 4 rounds of INFINI with PRP will cost me around 720 USD.

Мyth and SupremeNot liked
MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 09/26/2017 1:58 am

@Scarsarejustmemories720USD for 4 treatments of Infini with PRP? That's an amazing price. Could you please tell me exactly what doctor or clinic you will be doing these treatments at in Malaysia? It would be greatly appreciated. Good luck in your treatments btw!

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/26/2017 4:40 am

yes that right. Here's the facebook link for the clinic. https://www.facebook.com/DRSMedicalGroup/

BTW, what settings would be the best for INFINI?? is it low power high pulse or opposite??

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/26/2017 6:00 am

I cannot give you one setting for Infini, it depends on your skin and the reaction it makes. Typically very high settings are not good I like lower settings. It's more about the number of passes over the area (more is better) than power settings.

Be careful with filler in your temples, ... too superficial during swelling and it can cause bumps, seen this many times. I would wait till the swelling goes down after subcision. Hard to say how long the filler will last, it's a spacer and that's it's main purpose. For some it lasts a long time, others do it every 6 to 12 months with another subcision.

Yes for many it takes a few years to remodel the scars, it depends on your down time, and how much time, effort, $$$ you want to put into it. I would not rush treatment as the skin takes time to heal, do it in chunks of treatments.

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/26/2017 6:34 am

So should it be just filling or filling with mini subcision(small gauge needle)?? Should I fill before my infini treatment or should it be the last step?? Tnx

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/26/2017 6:42 am

Your doing Infini to start for a few treatments. Then your doing subcison(s) and filler. Wait till swelling goes (few days) down and then fill, you could even do this once every 6 months if you wanted. This will take time, for many it takes up to 3 years. IT takes several months for collagen to build.

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/26/2017 9:07 am

3 years makes sense. Btw, is it ok to do nokor subcision just right before my Infini treatment's??? Same goes for my tca cross? I.e I start every treatment (cross,infini) with subcision first. Is it too much of subcision or is it fine doing it??

For example:
26/9/17-Nokor Subcision followed by tca cross (2-3 session)
26/12/17- Nokor Subcision followed by Infini (4 session)
26/4/18-Nokor Subcision, Filling few days after the swelling goes down.Follow up every 6 months.
Sorry for too much question though. Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/26/2017 10:19 am

Sure that's fine, just no filler first and infini after (that's my personal preference with energy under the skin), and energy devices are best first like this, but you can do that.

MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 09/26/2017 4:07 pm

@ScarsarejustmemoriesThanks a lot I appreciate it! Are you gonna be paying 720 for a package deal or paying seperatley for each treatment? How much would just one Infini with PRP cost? Thanks a lot

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/26/2017 6:22 pm

I'm going for deal(x4), one session will never work. Those area are too fibrotic and only time and frequent energy delivery will soften/break the scar tissue. This is the reason why my single session of Deep FX didn't deliver results as expected.It's MYR 1400 one session

MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 09/26/2017 8:44 pm

@ScarsarejustmemoriesAppreciate the replies. If google is right and a session is 1400 that'd be about 330USD per session which is about 1300 for 4. Still a good deal, but almost double from the 720 u mentioned for 4. Do you get some type of discount at the clinic for doing a series of them. Sorry for the questions, but you should know as a fellow scar sufferer treating scars can get very expensive and we are always open to cheaper alternatives. Really thankful for your replies and hope to hear back, thx.

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/26/2017 8:54 pm

No problem as we are on the same boat. It is important not to get scammed first so doing years of research is important. For the INFINI it is do 3 session free 1 total RM 3000. I know a Dr that does Total FX for RM 1500 also. Dr.Ananda Dorai

MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 09/26/2017 9:46 pm

@ScarsarejustmemoriesWow those are good prices, I really appreciate you informing me about them. If I were to travel from the US do you think they would try to charge more because I'm a visitor? Also I'm not very informed about Malaysia, do the doctors speak English there?

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/26/2017 10:55 pm

Yes, English is compulsory for every MD here. The INFINI will be same price even for foreigners, the co2 im not sure though

MemberMember
(@scarsarejustmemories)

Posted : 09/29/2017 7:04 pm

On 9/26/2017 at 11:19 PM, beautifulambition said:

Sure that's fine, just no filler first and infini after (that's my personal preference with energy under the skin), and energy devices are best first like this, but you can do that.

How deep(mm) I should go with infini for my temples and cheeks??

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/30/2017 8:17 am

Thats not how it works ;-), everyone's skin is different, there is no one right setting, they have to pinch the skin and see. 1-2mm rough guess, could be less but not more. They will be cautious as you have pigment in your skin.

MemberMember
(@negga)

Posted : 10/01/2017 4:06 am

On 9/27/2017 at 9:54 AM, Scarsarejustmemories said:

No problem as we are on the same boat. It is important not to get scammed first so doing years of research is important. For the INFINI it is do 3 session free 1 total RM 3000. I know a Dr that does Total FX for RM 1500 also. Dr.Ananda Dorai

Are you a malaysian?

19 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Thats not how it works ;-), everyone's skin is different, there is no one right setting, they have to pinch the skin and see. 1-2mm rough guess, could be less but not more. They will be cautious as you have pigment in your skin.

Hi, do you suggest to go for infini first or TCA first? Any sequence specification for infini, tca cross and subcision?
shall i go Infini then TCA or subcision?