Notifications
Clear all

Trimethoprim and Treclin gel treatment

MemberMember
(@carlo2017)

Posted : 09/23/2017 5:05 am

Hello, Everyone!.

I have had experience on being Accutane. Despite its up and downs, the medication fell short for me and I had to seek medical advice from a professor of dermatology. He prescribed me the oral treatment is known as Trimethoprim 200mg and a face gel which is applied just before bed called Treclin. The oral treatment consists of taking 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night, so two a day. I only have mild persistent acne, but it is a nuisance to get rid of. I'm hoping that this medication works for me. Has anyone tried these products before, and if so what was your outcome? how long did the medication take to work before you saw results? let us know!

Thanx

Carlo.

MemberMember
(@carlo2017)

Posted : 09/25/2017 2:11 pm

So no one has used either of these products then? no one at all? come on people share your experiences! This is an acne site, is it not?

MemberMember
(@deathtoallacne)

Posted : 09/30/2017 7:41 pm

Hi Carlo, I've used trimethoprim before and it's the only long term anti biotic I have used that has actually actively cleared my acne up. I went from having bumps on EVERY SINGLE part of my face to clear skin. It was definitely a success for me although sadly you can't be on antibiotics forever. After I came off it, I got a few spots here and there but no breakouts. I was also prescribed a face gel called adapalene, so I'm not too sure about the one you were prescribed.. Definitely give trimethoprim a go though!

Carlo2017 liked
MemberMember
(@carlo2017)

Posted : 10/18/2017 3:59 pm

On 10/1/2017 at 1:41 AM, deathtoallacne said:

Hi Carlo, I've used trimethoprim before and it's the only long term anti biotic I have used that has actually actively cleared my acne up. I went from having bumps on EVERY SINGLE part of my face to clear skin. It was definitely a success for me although sadly you can't be on antibiotics forever. After I came off it, I got a few spots here and there but no breakouts. I was also prescribed a face gel called adapalene, so I'm not too sure about the one you were prescribed.. Definitely give trimethoprim a go though!

After my failure being on Roaccutane, I am definitely getting much better results with this drug. It's been about under a month and my face is already 95% clear. It's a very good drug and Ihave high hopes that it will destroy the remaining acne. The gel I'm using is called Treclin gel and it seems to be doing the job well too. I had a few side effects at first but they have seemed to have vanished and I have no major side effects at all. How long was you on Trimethoprim for? my does is two 200mg tablets a day and treclin gel before bed for 3-4 months.