Notifications
Clear all

Worst places to live if you have acne/scars

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/22/2017 3:38 pm

Im creating this thread in hopes of finding out what places you want to completely avoid if you have acne/scars. Mostly due to the local population and the way in which they react to individuals such as ourselves. The kind of places im talking about are usually filled with people that go out of their way to remind you about your illness. This may include the following behavior... funny looks, fake condescending smiles and grins, verbal comments regarding your appearance, excessive staring, muffling under their breath or actually attempting to gain your attention just so that they can insult to you.

Now i get that with a decription like that it can be almost anywhere, but I've noticed that this sort of thing happens more oftenin areas that have particularly shitty people.

I'll start the list people. I can say without a doubt if you have bad acne and or scars whatever you do don't come to the hick ass state of INDIANA! The people here are fucking shit trust me! I hate living in this fucking corn field and only do so to be close to my mother and little sister. But one day i may just say fuck it and leave this god dame state. Bunch of small towns filled to the brim with ignorant arrogant assholes and the women are all stuck up as shit, total bitches out here, oh and if your not a white person forget about it man. Those with dark or tan skin are treated like 2nd class citizen's no joke.
Im originally from long island ny grew up there as a child and then spent my adolescence in Georgia, so its not like i dont have a feel for living in different parts of the country. I occasionally go to long island to visit my father and granted no place is perfect ny just feels like home to me since it technically was for my entire childhood up until i was 12 yo, now at first i hated Georgia due to the complete contrast from where im from but it eventually grew on me up intil the point to where i actually miss the south. Because you actually feel the laid back atmosphere of the south's famous southern hospitality.

Now on to indiana, since i fucking got here 6 years ago the people have been nothing but shit lol. Im not even joking people, i thought places like this only excited in bad movies that go straight to dvd. But it actually exists, a place where everyone seems to be hoping you fuck your life up since you dont fit in to what they consider a stand up citizen. These people out here are so dame brainwashed by thier media and mainstream bs that they actually believe thats what life is suppose to be like. Bottom line is if you have acne and want to find a place where you can live a peaceful life where people leave you a lone and show some kind of empathy or compassion for your situation, due your self a favor and stay the fuck away from shitty indiana, you'll thank me for it. #fuckindiana-hicks. Anyways, please feel free in enlighting us as to any other places that are particularly bad to people like us here in the usa or even worldwide! Thanks for the read!

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 09/23/2017 8:46 am

The industrial north of England, particularly Yorkshire. Its not as bad as it used to be in the 80s/90s, but its not somewhere that I would recommend visiting. Theres a strange mix of meanness and cultural vanity that can make it a particularly toxic place to live if you dont fit in for some reason, especially when combined with the macho culture of the male working class, which predominates in the north.

Cruelty amongst boys is often encouraged and rewarded (my father genuinely believed that people who get bullied deserve it, either because they are too weird or too weak to stand up for themselves). Intellectualism is frowned upon. Theres also a culture of moral cowardice in the form of my tribe, right or wrong, meaning that regardless of whether or not youre the one who has been wronged, people will always stick up for their own.

Some of the larger cities are more metropolitan and gentrified than they used to be, but I think itll be a while until there is a cultural shift. There is still a remnant of working class solidarity that I do find appealing, but I dont think its as strong as it was in the industrial heyday of the mid 20th century. There is a charming community spirit that still lingers in some parts.

In contrast Ive found the south of the country to be a much more genteel place. Its not perfect, nowhere is, but the people are noticeably different in character. If it werent for family ties and a complete lack of ambition, I would have moved south years ago to be honest.

MemberMember
(@ncorona)

Posted : 10/21/2017 1:59 am

Ontario, Canada. Because there's literally no dermatologists worth seeing for acne scar treatment.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/25/2017 2:49 pm

On 10/21/2017 at 2:59 AM, ncorona said:

Ontario, Canada. Because there's literally no dermatologists worth seeing for acne scar treatment.

Really, wow what a bummer. Acne must be rare in Canada?

MemberMember
(@wannabeactor)

Posted : 10/26/2017 1:57 am

Everyone is different.  I remember having WAY less acne (completely clear at times) at times where I was anywhere nice and sunny (Hawaii, San Diego, LA) especially if I spent time swimming in the ocean or during late spring/summer months where I could get some sun... my breakouts have been more common during fall/winter months thus I hate cold weather.  I've noticed most people are the opposite and swear the sun makes their acne worse.  People in general are usually assholes about acne I've noticed no matter where in this country... a big reason why I don't want kids.  However, I've faced the LEAST judgmentalism during my time spent in Hawaii (my dad was raised there and moved back before he died and over half of my extended family was born/raised there too) and people are generally kinder and more laid back there.  Too bad it's so goddamn expensive -_-

MemberMember
(@ncorona)

Posted : 10/26/2017 7:36 pm

On 25/10/2017 at 3:49 PM, fatalbert911 said:
On 21/10/2017 at 2:59 AM, ncorona said:

Really, wow what a bummer. Acne must be rare in Canada?

It's not rare, it's just that because of how the health care system is set up in Ontario, there's very few dermatologists. Because of the lack of competition, they tend to suck and not care very much about their patients. Because they don't have to.

MemberMember
(@lanaodel)

Posted : 10/27/2017 5:54 pm

I'm born and raised in Ireland, we moved to Ulster a few years ago from Dublin, and some of them wouldn't be afraid to say it to your face. I never got that many comments but there's a general haughtiness and bitchiness about some of the ladies in particular that I have always noticed. I was staying in college accommodation in a different county up north and had gotten to know the landlady reasonably well. I wear makeup and hate being seen without as i have had hormonal acne from a very young age and it's severity varies. She knocked on my door randomly one day to ask me to swap rooms before other people came - I was half dressed, no makeup, had to answer the door quickly covered up in a fleece, pulled it up a bit over my mouth, explained my situation - she attempted to pull the fleece away from my face, so much so that she actually scratched my face in the process! And it's not like she did it once - she continued and backed me into the room (wonder if she did it to other paying customers!). Then that whole week she went on about it every day and kept passing snarky comments. Told her I was going to a graduation ceremony- 'Oh, you'll be needing your makeup then, won't you?' *snarky laugh*.
I also had another woman (who I was in a JOB INTERVIEW with) kept commenting on my eyebrows. I explained that I just used makeup for coverage and was told 'we don't get dolled up around here, it sends the wrong message'. She continued on 'interviewing' me like this and commenting on my eyebrows (I was just wearing foundation and had filled in my brows) until I left.
Rant. over. Ridiculous how something you have no control over and are clearly uncomfortable with is used as fuel by some people - yes it is worse in some areas/societies/cultures, I'm sure it's not just acne that gets insulted.

MemberMember
(@softpanzer)

Posted : 11/01/2017 6:05 pm

I've been in Indiana for 4 years,and probably leave in next year. Because I'm an international student in a university here. I can totally relate to you. There are people who make verbal comments on my face. They seem like they just don't care about our feeling. I heard people say things loudly like"creep","horrible to see his face","oh my god, look at this guy's face!" They might want to me to hear those shit so they can feel that they are  more superior than me or there are some other reasons I don't know. However, there are also nice people on the campus. Some girls and professors smile at me when they pass by me on the street, although I'm scared of looking at their eyes because of my low self-esteem. Those smiling are really warm and gave me a lot of hope. It is impossible that all people around you are nice. So try to talk to the nice ones and make friends with them. Because they know that people shouldn't be judged because of their appearances. 
Sorry for my poor English grammar. And I hope you get clear skin again.  :)

LanaOdel liked