Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

User123456

Directly after acne scar treatment

I went to a dermatologist to treat my acne scars (which are considered mild) she explained to me that she will do a combination of treaments which include Subcision, mesotherapy, derma pen, and a chemical peel. she put numbing cream all over my face and injected anesthetic  into my dented scars. She did all the procedures in one session one after the other. She then explained to me that my face will get worse before it gets better she told me i will experience more redness and swelling even “darkness” and then my face will start to peel for about two weeks and then i will start seeing the results i want( less scars and a brighter younger looking face) But i’m worried now that my face reacted too negatively to the treatment. It is only my second day after the treatment but my face is still very swollen and i have dark red blotches on my cheeks that look bruised. i havent noticed much peeling yet. Is this normal? Will my face heal completely in two weeks like my doctor said or is there a possibility of hyperpigmintation?   2B1729EA-25F6-4050-8F66-AF48E5E0B49D.jpeg40A44FB9-3243-4D1A-8D0F-7724E7CC8B87.jpeg  

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes