Acne.org

Posted

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I have been told by two different doctors that I have Seborrheic Dermatitis, specifically on my chin and chin only. I am a 22 year old male, I live in Colorado where the weather is dry with low/no humidity. This condition has lasted for about 6 years. I grew up believing it was acne, and therefore treated my chin as acne. The truth is, my SD causes pimples on my chin. My SD could have been caused by the climate I live in, the food I eat, the treatment of harsh benzoyl peroxide products, oral antibiotics, genetics, some factor I don't know of, or all of the above.

My face will either produce surplus sebum levels leading to a breakout or dry, tight, flaky skin which also leads to breakouts. I have removed sodium lauryl sulfate products, and this has helped. Ketoconazole has SLS in it, which helps with my SD, but still causes breakouts. I have also tried taking it orally. My current routine is T/Sal Therapeutic Neutrogena Shampoo at night sometimes followed by Aczone. In the morning, I only use sea salt with water. Currently take a strong probiotic, turmeric pill, and zinc. I have tried many other supplements and tropical creams and nothing appears to work. I do believe what I eat affects SD as well. Looked into taking Accutane, have not decided if it is worth it or not.  

Thoughts? 

Posted

I  know someone is dying to comment on this forum, I know it.