Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In high school, my skin was terrible. I completed a 5 month course of 40 mg accutane in December. For the first time in as long as I could remember, my skin was perfect. The only complaint I had was these tiny little oil bumps that showed only when I put on foundation. On the quest for perfect skin, I started differin 0.1 that I bought from the drug store. I figured it would even out my skin and really be that final kicker to perfect skin. Because I am experienced with retanoids and skin routines after trying everything in the book, I expected an initial breakout. I thought it wouldn't be too bad since I really didn't have any acne to begin with. And boy, was I wrong. I am now on week five and my skin looks about as bad as it did when I went on accutane. I went to the dermatologist last week and she upped me to adapalene 0.3 and put me on doxycycline 100mg. I know everyone says to stick it out and wait for the initial breakout to be over with, but at this point it is not even worth it at all. I would much rather have my old skin forever then endure this bad of acne anymore. It seriously is scarring up and just looks awfu . If I stop adapalene, would my skin return back to normal? Did anyone else have a similar experience? It seems that I'm going to have to get back on accutane just to fix what I've done with adapalen . I guess it's true what they say: if it's not broke, don't fix it 

I've went two nights without it now. The pimples aren't too bad but the hyperpigmentation is out of this world. I've decided I will start using adapalene every other night instead of every night. I also rechecked the calendar and realized I'm only on week four. As much as I despise the breakouts, my nose has practically no blackheads and my T-zone in general is glowing. This is about the only thing that's keeping me holding on