Notifications
Clear all

Clear + Brilliant Treatment Experience

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 09/19/2017 5:22 pm

I decided to try Clear and Brilliant because it's a relatively affordable laser with no downtime. I didn't have high expectations but was hoping for some improvement of my texture.

I had a few very shallow pit marks on my cheeks and an orange peel / bumpy texture on my chin. My face was mostly clear but always with a few angry cysts. I had large, visible pores and skin overall looked kinda rough.

I did a package of 6 sessions and chose the texture laser for all 6 (as opposed to the one for hyperpigmentation).

I wish I had my before and after photos ... but I did see results.

All of the scarring on my cheeks is gone. A raised scar on my nose that's been there nearly a decade was greatly reduced so it's almost flat. My pores looks much clearer and as a result, smaller. My overall skin texture is noticeably smoother and more even. I had some fine laugh lines starting at the sides of my mouth, and those are less obvious now.

Even though I chose the texture laser, it did help my hyperpigmentation somewhat.

My disappointment is my chin though. It still looks bumpy and rough, albeit there was some noticeable improvement. I think it simply needs something more intensive or I just have to accept it. They did tell me that the laser stimulates collagen and full results are often seen a few months after it's completed. I will say my skin seems to be getting better and better since the treatment.

During the months of the treatment, I had breakouts like normal including cysts. Now that it's done, my face is much clearer, but I also tweaked my regimen (see my sig) and I attribute it to that.

Bonus: it tightens the skin up, almost like you had Botox. I looked exceptionally fresh and youthful the week after each treatment.

I cant say I recommend it, but I don't regret it either. It's much more than a facial or peel, but not atreatment for anything but the mildest ofscarring.

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 09/20/2017 6:39 am

You didn't take before and after photos even though you had 6 treatments?  

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 09/20/2017 6:19 pm

They took before and after photos but I didn't get the photos from them. I suppose I could call and ask if they'll give them to me. No, I didn't take any myself.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/22/2017 3:53 am

Thanks for sharing.... C and B is actually a vvvvv good laser and is underestimated by many. I saw a video on this where by they some guy used this in a pulse stacking method, namely multiple passes over the scars using the 1440 not the 1927 permea ... I know it maxed out at 5 mj compared to Fraxel (its actually very similar to Fraxel Dual) but diode driven with a card that has energy setting pre set... Its 1/4 the strength of maximal Fraxel Dual settings, but in early scarring, I heard its pretty good.... and if done correctly most patients only need 3 to 4 sessions not six. Once again thanks for sharing your experience.