Dry skin around eye...

Notifications
Clear all

Dry skin around eyes from benzoyl peroxide?

MemberMember
(@patrickbarrette)

Posted : 09/19/2017 4:53 am

Hi everyone,

I've been using the acne.org regimen with benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, cleanser and moisturiser. This has worked amazingly for me and pretty much cleared up all my acne. I put a little bit of BP on my forehead , cheeks and nose avoiding putting BP anywhere near my eyes twice a day.

however, Ihave recently started getting extremely dry and flakey skin around my eyes, eyelids and around my eyebrows. It is quite irritated as well.

i have tried to moisturise my skin and even used a cortisone cream but it is not helping at all and any cream iuse kind of burns the skin around my eyes.

Can anyone tell me if benzoyl peroxide use over this extended period of time wouldcause this ? Should I stop using it or drop down to 1 time a day ? Has anyone else come across this issue and if so how do I treat this ?

thanks to anyone that can help

Patrick

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/20/2017 3:03 pm

Be careful if you are moisturising your face,maybe its starting a bit of rosacea,i got it on my nose if i moisturise it with certain moisturiser and under my eyes i used to get stinging! and slight reddening,you might see it a little on your cheeks if you put moisturiser there.

if you use anything in these areas i would suggest to stop and see what happens.
:)