Notifications
Clear all

Forever oily!! HELP

MemberMember
(@mr22ausman)

Posted : 09/18/2017 9:11 am

Hey guys! I needs some help!
Is there anyone out there that has somehow cured there oily skin issues?
I have been battling oily skin for years and years and nothing has helped me.
Have tried b5 , saw paw , vitamin a (high dose) , spiro , so many things!.
I have been on accutane now now for 2 months ...derm started me on 20mg twice a week and nothing.
now I'm on 20mg every second day and still I'm oily. She won't go any higher as most of my acne is gone and
too high dose just for oily skin and even then after I stop it the oil may just come back. I have rosacea as well so I use
a light moisturiser once at night and wash with water only. My skin is not dry and is soft. I have to blot it 10 times a day.
what is causing this to happen? I just don't understand! Is it oil or sebrum and what can stop it. Thanks

MemberMember
(@vermilion)

Posted : 09/23/2017 1:41 pm

I am in the same boat. However, when I took accutane (40mg/day), my oily skin was reduced by more than 50% by week two. It of course returned within a week or so after I was done with my accutaune course.

As of this time, there is nothing that has worked for me except accutane. I am like you. I tried various supplements and experienced no luck. I am, however, trying grape seed oil and sea buck thorn oil as moisturizers and so far my oil levels have not decreased significantly (or at all), but one effect is that I do not get zits anymore and my skin is soft as ever.

That being said, there are a couple drugs in the works to combat oily skin. They are in the 3rd phase of clincals. The name of the drugs are DRM01 and SB204. They look promising so far with little to no side effects. These drugs specifcally target the oil glands (like accutane) but w/ less severe side effects. The drugs are still 1+ year away from being available to the general public, though.

In the mean time, I use BHA, oily absorbing sheets, and other products designed for individuals afflicted with oily skin. They are band-aids until the aforementioned drugs are available.

MemberMember
(@mr22ausman)

Posted : 09/24/2017 8:16 am

Hey thanks for the reply. Dam that sucks! But at least there's hope. I really hope that one of the x2 drugs work and no more oily skin coz this driving me super crazy. There must be something that causes it...... Or something to stop it! Just sucks. I have ran out of options or ideas as how to stop it as I have tried most of everything known. Only think I haven't tried and won't is face washes designed to combat oily skin. I got sensitive skin and they all irritate my face.

MemberMember
(@deathtoallacne)

Posted : 10/01/2017 12:40 pm

Ive read somewhere that if you use oil to combat oiliness, your skin is tricked into thinking it's producing too much of it and therefore stops producing so much which then gives you less oily skin.. maybe try using an oil?

oily skin sucks but at least you're going to develop less wrinkles when you're old because of this!

MemberMember
(@mr22ausman)

Posted : 10/10/2017 9:28 am

Yeh I look pretty young. Coz Iv been oily forever but it's annoying!.
Yeh I might try a oil but not sure which one. Thanks

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 10/10/2017 10:04 am

Your dose of Accutane is very low, so it will take a long time to show effect, but for oily skin, I would say use clay masks 2-3 times a week, they really help, DO NOT skip moisturizer, use a light gel based moisturizer or else your skin will produce more oil to compensate. I would also suggest to use a toner that's made to control oil production.

MemberMember
(@deathtoallacne)

Posted : 10/10/2017 1:54 pm

4 hours ago, mr22ausman said:

Yeh I look pretty young. Coz Iv been oily forever but it's annoying!.
Yeh I might try a oil but not sure which one. Thanks

Try jojoba oil because it is the closest oil that resembles your natural oil/sebum that comes out of your skin..
This means there is a bigger chance that your skin will be tricked into believing it's producing enough/too much

MemberMember
(@mr22ausman)

Posted : 10/15/2017 12:55 am

Thanks I just tried it last night and I will see how it goes. I'm sure it will take a while to work. So I just was with it then rinse it off with warm wash cloth.

MemberMember
(@mr22ausman)

Posted : 10/17/2017 7:23 am

No jojoba oil make my skin sticky and a bit red even when just washing with it. I think I might try get a blue LED light or something.

MemberMember
(@mechance)

Posted : 10/25/2017 5:34 pm

i have very oily skin too!!!
skin oil is all over my face.I wash my face before bed at night, and when I wake up in the morning, face oil and oil of my eyes get into my eyes and always make my eyes burning.It's really hard.
In the evening same again!
I have really nothing acne problem but just my skin is very oily
I suffer this problem almost 10 years
I think my oily skin is genetic from my parents
I tried a lot but it didn't work!
This stinging burning eye is causing my eye problem like this increase my eye floaters really
Do you have any of these symptoms?
I need your help! Thank you.

MemberMember
(@im_mattw)

Posted : 01/05/2018 5:27 pm

Ive suffered with an oily t-zone for years. The best solution Ive found is getting a good moisturiser.
For me Ive found Garnier Pure Active Matte Control to work very well. Stops my oily skin for at least 6/8 hours or so.

MemberMember
(@stay_awesome4ever)

Posted : 01/14/2018 8:30 am

That's a very expensive product man

MemberMember
(@im_mattw)

Posted : 01/14/2018 3:40 pm

7 hours ago, stay_awesome4ever said:

That's a very expensive product man

I wouldnt say so at all. Not sure where you are, but it only costs me about 4 a tube. Lasts 4-6 weeks as well.

MemberMember
(@stay_awesome4ever)

Posted : 01/28/2018 4:02 am

i'll give it a try once i'm done with my current experiment. :)