Very oily acne pron...

Notifications
Clear all

Very oily acne prone skin help!

MemberMember
(@kayleewxo)

Posted : 09/17/2017 4:44 pm

I am a 23 year old female and have struggled with acne since I was 12 years old, and I am so fed up with it. Up until 17 I had a variety of mild antibiotics prescribed, and nothing really seemed to touch the sides, I always used to have bad skin but the severity used to alter a lot. However now my acne is always bad my skin especially over the past year has become ridiculously oily to the point make up is melting off my face by midday and I am a greasy mess. It's so embarrassing. I've begged to be referred to a dermatologist as I've tried nearly every topical and oral treatment going. I am currently on lymecycline 480mg and as I had an implant since I was 18 I am having that removed next week in hope that may improve my skin at least a little and doctors have gave me the contraceptive pill levest to help with my acne.  From a young age I've always assumed I had polycystic ovaries as I've always had bad skin I suffer with excess hair and my periods are all over the place. I just feel like my hormones are all over the place and the state of my skin makes me feel so low. I've felt I have missed out on so much because of the insecurities I feel with my skin and I don't wanna wait another 11 years to feel better :( has anyone had similar experiences to me and found something that actually worked? 

MemberMember
(@acnelondon)

Posted : 11/10/2017 8:51 am

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I really empathise with how having bad skin can wreck your self-esteem. I'm no doctor but I would really recommend you explain your excess hair and problems with periods to your doctor if you haven't already because that sounds like classic symptoms of polycystic ovaries - you should be able to get an ultrasound done to test this. Have you looked into spironolactone? It's used to treat acne for women with polycystic ovaries in particular and seems to be very effective! I hope this helps :) 

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/16/2017 5:20 am

The most important of all the skin care tips to deal with oily skin is to keep the skin clean. Wash your face at least twice a day with a gentle face wash that is meant for oily skin. If you observe oiliness even after washing twice, you can use a wet tissue on your skin or use a natural cleanser like bessan (gram flour) to cleanse your skin. This will keep your skin clean and shine free and also prevent the formation of pimples.

Another of the effective skin care tips for oily skin is the use of an egg whites pack. It effectively dries skin up the oil on the skin to reduce blemishes and tighten pores. Stiffly whisk together egg whites and apply it to your face in circular motions. Let it rest for ten minutes and then cleanse with water. A mixture of lemon juice and egg whites can alternatively be used in a similar fashion. The lemon juice helps clear out excess oil, while egg whites tighten the skin pores and smoothen out skin surface.