Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo causes me to have super oily skin

MemberMember
(@enuriel)

Posted : 09/13/2017 12:33 am

Hi there,

I'm a 32 year old female and long term sufferer of acne. Roughly 6 months ago my doc switched my medication to epiduo (I'm a long term bpo user) and while I don't think that it's a terrible product I've been experiencing a side effect that I could hardly find anywhere on the web related to this product.

Epiduo makes my skin super oily. In fact it's so greasy that I have to blot several times a day even when using mineral makeup. I am 100% certain is due to Epiduo because i quit it for 10 days. Within 3 to 4 days of quitting the oilyness disappeared completely and i was so happy. But by day 6 the worst breakout ever started and I by day 10 I went back on Epiduo because I couldn't take it anymore. So now my skin is being super oily again but hopefully the breakout will be sorted soon.

Anyway... has anyone made a similar experience or has any idea how to keep all this oil at bay? Due to the recent breakout i don't see myself quitting Epiduo anytime soon again.

I've been through different moisturisers and cleansers already but absolutely nothing seems to make a difference. I'm sure its not the bpo but the adepalen that's causing it.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/20/2017 4:26 am

Maybe its a little too much for your skin to handle, I would say slowly get used to it, like first few days wash it off after an hour then gradually increase the time it is on your skin.

MemberMember
(@squish23)

Posted : 03/26/2018 5:58 am

Yes, same thing is happening to me. Are you still using Epiduo?