Notifications
Clear all

contractubex

MemberMember
(@donald-bathe)

Posted : 09/09/2017 5:01 pm

how is contractubex supposed to be used with spf 30? i bought it but it didnt come with any instructions on how to use it? how am i supposed to combine it with spf? can someone please tell me. rsvp. thank you.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 09/09/2017 9:19 pm

I had to look this stuff up to see what it was, apparently the main ingredient that might help with scarring is glyoxylic acid. I would apply the cream sparingly at night and use your sunscreen during the day. Make sure you pick a sunscreen that has zinc oxide which is a physical sunblock such as Elta MD: https://www.amazon.com/EltaMD-Clear-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-1-7/dp/B002MSN3QQ/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1505009975&sr=1-1&keywords=elta+md

MemberMember
(@donald-bathe)

Posted : 09/10/2017 2:35 pm

are you by any chance a doctor? thats the same exact thing that they told me at a pharmacy here in EL SALVADOR. you wanna know why im asking because here in EL SALVADOR for some reason mederma spf 30 is not sold for whatever the reason is. both contractubex and mederma spf 30 are made by merz. how were you able to determine this? i only ask because i had to assume that contractubex and spf 30 could be combined during the daytime, does this make sense? rsvp. thank you. p.s. do you think that mederma spf 30 which is two in one is more effective than applying contractubex during the night and spf 30 during the day?

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 09/11/2017 12:10 am

I'm not a doctor, just another person with skin problems. The reason you should use the contractubex at night would be because most acidic products are going to leave your skin sensitive to the sun which is why they suggested a sunscreen as well.

Maderma is a bit different, as far as I know it might help soften the appearance of line or surgical scars but I don't think it will help much with atrophic (indented) scarring.
Depending on your skin type I would use a dedicated sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@donald-bathe)

Posted : 09/13/2017 2:31 pm

well between mederma spf 30 and contractubex since theyre both made by merz, which product do you believe or feel is better quality wise? or are they both equal in parity? can you please give me your opinion? rsvp. thank you.