Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really hate my mom shes such a b**ch!! Ive recently slowed down on my dairy intake and stopped eating wheat and gluten etc and have seen majour improvment in my acne. Now my mom dosent even seem to realise what a difference its made, shes such a b**ch cuz we just had a majour argument cuz she wants me to eat junk food again!! She carnt see the improvement and now she wants me to eat sh*t food again. She says 'Theres something wrong with you! cuz youve stopped all of this food' bla bla bla. 'You should be eating sugar, wheat what is wrong with you!' and 'You need a pychologist' she says. OMG i was thinking, who was she saying these things to me just because i try to look after myself!

Now shes really fat horrible cow and she thinks that ive got a problem because i want to be healthy!

I HATE HER SOOOOOO MUCH!! I just want to cry. cry.gifdoubt.gif

After that argument i just stormed out, shes never happy for me and she just loves arguments. What is her problem!! evil.gif

I just want to move out!

*Vent over*

Tom

sad.gif

Sometimes people dont understand properly and get angry when they can't understand.

I have just had a huge arguement with my sister over her not understanding me and how i feel and the situation im in and ended up walking out the house and it really hurts when you're trying but still arguments and misunderstandings occur.

I feel exactly the same sad.gif

Hang in there and just remember that sometimes people don't see things the same way as you and don't understnad you're pain.. although not intentionally.

All the best,

Frankie smile.gif

sad.gif

Sometimes people dont understand properly and get angry when they can't understand.

I have just had a huge arguement with my sister over her not understanding me and how i feel and the situation im in and ended up walking out the house and it really hurts when you're trying but still arguments and misunderstandings occur.

I feel exactly the same sad.gif

Hang in there and just remember that sometimes people don't see things the same way as you and don't understnad you're pain.. although not intentionally.

All the best,

Frankie smile.gif

It's probably because she cares for you so much that she's worried about what you're eating, Tom, strange as that may sound. I know that my Mum was very concerned when I started eating what seemed like strange foods in her eyes. It's not recommended by dermatologists or doctors, who repeatedly emphasise the fact that "food has no effect on acne", so mothers usually agree with the doctors and therefore worry about us, when they see us not eating a 'normal' diet. Especially as you are a 'growing boy' - maybe she feels that you changing your diet will mean you might affect your proper growth and development.

I think you should try and sit down with her and explain CALMLY ( wink.gif ) that you really feel this new diet is working to clear your skin, and ask her to try and work round it. I'm sure you will be able to come to some compromise.

I know it might be hard but you shouldn't let this come between you - she is probably just trying to do what she thinks is best for you.

smile.gif

I totally agree with Rossignol.. (he was more articulate than i was at putting what i wanted to say into words wink.gif )

It is hard to say that you dont want this and that when you eat and she's cooking for you.

But i think to explain calmly and maybe come to a compromise that in ask to just be let to keep on trying it for another month or so to see what kind of results you can get.

:S OHhh it's tricky. You don't want to hurt your mum by saying that you dont want what she's cooked you but you dont want to eat it. :s

It's probably because she cares for you so much that she's worried about what you're eating, Tom, strange as that may sound. I know that my Mum was very concerned when I started eating what seemed like strange foods in her eyes. It's not recommended by dermatologists or doctors, who repeatedly emphasise the fact that "food has no effect on acne", so mothers usually agree with the doctors and therefore worry about us, when they see us not eating a 'normal' diet. Especially as you are a 'growing boy' - maybe she feels that you changing your diet will mean you might affect your proper growth and development.

I think you should try and sit down with her and explain CALMLY ( wink.gif ) that you really feel this new diet is working to clear your skin, and ask her to try and work round it. I'm sure you will be able to come to some compromise.

I know it might be hard but you shouldn't let this come between you - she is probably just trying to do what she thinks is best for you.

smile.gif

Thx for that, you have shown me the light, lol  smile.gif. I think that you are right, she has said that she worries about me and now i think that she just cares. But i carnt do it without her support, so i think that if i can i will get some info off here and sit down to talk (but calmly) lol.

Hopefully she will understand.  eusa_pray.gif

Thx again,

Tom eusa_angel.gif

ok i have a different view on this, because i am in almost the same exact situation. my mom constantly buys junk food, and im tryin to eat healthy, i was really tryin to do it over the summer for skin purposes, but now i want to do it for both skin and just to be healthy. and everytime i mention somethin like that to my mom, its almost like she goes out to grocery store and buys EVERYTHING she knows i am tryin to avoid. and its kinda like she rubbing it in my face, but i was just so confused by the whole thing.......until i started talkin to my uncle who is a psycho-analyst. man and what he told me, totally made sense and turned my thinkin around completely.

he said that in a way she wants to be happy for me, but sub-consiously she doesn't want me to succeed for some reason. and like in ur situation i would definitely say it sounds like ur mom doesn't want u to eat healthy for fear that u might lose weight and ur face will clear up and she will still be unhealthy......and she doesn't want to be alone. but the thing he pointed out to me though, was that they have no idea that they are doin it......because they are doin it sub-conciously! its crazy, i know......but he also said never to say anything about that to her, cuz it will just make her pissed, and she wont understand.......so i think if i were u, i would just talk with ur mom and say....ya know maybe u haven't really noticed a difference in my skin, but i have, and i want to be an all around healthier person, so dont worry there is nothing wrong with me, i am just tryin to experiment with some healthier foods.....and i really hope u can respect that. and say it very nicely.

but like i said......she has no idea she is doin that, so never mention it to her.....or even hold it against her, trust me i know its hard, im in the same postition.

so theres my view on the situation, i dont know if you will agree with it......but i thought i would just share that with ya! lol

good luck though!

If your mom is buying junk food to keep you fat and your skin broken out so that she feels secure, then she needs some serious counseling...

It's funny because my household was always the opposite, as far as I can remember my parents always avoided buying junk food as my brother and I were growing up. It didn't stop my face from breaking out tho sad.gif

ok i have a different view on this, because i am in almost the same exact situation. my mom constantly buys junk food, and im tryin to eat healthy, i was really tryin to do it over the summer for skin purposes, but now i want to do it for both skin and just to be healthy. and everytime i mention somethin like that to my mom, its almost like she goes out to grocery store and buys EVERYTHING she knows i am tryin to avoid. and its kinda like she rubbing it in my face, but i was just so confused by the whole thing.......until i started talkin to my uncle who is a psycho-analyst. man and what he told me, totally made sense and turned my thinkin around completely.

he said that in a way she wants to be happy for me, but sub-consiously she doesn't want me to succeed for some reason. and like in ur situation i would definitely say it sounds like ur mom doesn't want u to eat healthy for fear that u might lose weight and ur face will clear up and she will still be unhealthy......and she doesn't want to be alone. but the thing he pointed out to me though, was that they have no idea that they are doin it......because they are doin it sub-conciously! its crazy, i know......but he also said never to say anything about that to her, cuz it will just make her pissed, and she wont understand.......so i think if i were u, i would just talk with ur mom and say....ya know maybe u haven't really noticed a difference in my skin, but i have, and i want to be an all around healthier person, so dont worry there is nothing wrong with me, i am just tryin to experiment with some healthier foods.....and i really hope u can respect that. and say it very nicely.

but like i said......she has no idea she is doin that, so never mention it to her.....or even hold it against her, trust me i know its hard, im in the same postition.

so theres my view on the situation, i dont know if you will agree with it......but i thought i would just share that with ya! lol

good luck though!

If your mom is buying junk food to keep you fat and your skin broken out so that she feels secure, then she needs some serious counseling...

It's funny because my household was always the opposite, as far as I can remember my parents always avoided buying junk food as my brother and I were growing up.  It didn't stop my face from breaking out tho sad.gif

oh trust me i know my mom needs counseling........the only problem is, she doesn't, she doesn't think she has anything wrong with her.......and she always blames everything on me.....all her problems and insecurities get taken out on me.....and she makes me see counslers and shit when i really dont even need to, i know i have insecurities and its mainly due to my acne, and atleast i can admit that, and i am tryin to work on them.......but she just has no clue.

but yea i really hope ur mom isn't like that, cuz its not fun at all.

i hope everything went ok when u talked to her!

let us know how things go

I think you should spit it out with her..let her know (either by talking calmly or just plain shouting if she's not willing to listen) why you want to do this.

No one's going to die from a little less sugars etc..assure her of that. And that you just want to take care of your own health and it takes time for improvements to show.

Hope you're doing okay. eusa_angel.gif

wow i know exactly how u feel illusion.......my mom kinda does the same thing in a way.......and she always tells me how oily my face is, and how she just cant believe how someones face can be that oily......and how it looks like i just whiped baby oil all over my face.....and i just dont get it, cuz she has no clue that when she says that kinda stuff that it hurts like hell.......and it makes me feel like 10 times worse about myself!

Agreed, I would say for about 2 months now and with great results but a little while ago i ordered puredeming intense gel from puredeming.com and it came today so i will try this soon. This also has got alot of positive responses.

OMG i really hate red marks soooo much! Yep i would go to the derm just to see if she/he can suggest anything for you but i would give the ACV method longer to get to work.

I really feel for you regarding your recent breakout i too have had multiple spots on my chin and LARGE ones at that, its hard enough to deal with the red marks let alone another breakout that brings new red marks :C.

Are you on a BP for the breakout?

Tom

Guest Shjaker

Hullo Tom!

I know exactly how you feel!! A while ago I stopped eating stuff I thought was making things worse, and my mom.. well.. ya know. doubt.gif She even went as far as to accuse me of being anorexic. :eek: Yeah mom.. sure.. So I was nagged a lot about my diet. And like you mentioned, she was always trying to stuff me full of junk that was gross, like greasey McDonalds crap and come home with chocolate bars, etc. We weren't getting along too well for a while. I too had the "you're just a jealous fat cow" thoughts too. >.> heh.. yeah.. we REALLY werent getting along. Anyway...

At first it seemed like this new diet was actually working, but even after a month or two of it, things weren't really smoothing over. I truly think diet causing acne is a myth. I mean, for sure if you eat junk every day or your life.. yer not gonna look too pretty... but ya know, one cookie isn't going to kill ya.

Tom I was wondering when you started getting acne? I noticed you were born July.. 31 I think it said? 1989. I was born April 5, 1989. My acne is finally starting to die down as I'm coming out of my raging hormones stage. eusa_dance.gif If you started getting it the same time I did, maybe you're time to start clearing up naturally is soon at hand as well. biggrin.gif Yes.. I have a whole bunch more to say but my mum (yes we are on speaking terms now tongue.gif) wants me to get off and go to bed.

If you want please add me on a messenger smile.gif

Hope to hear from you!

Shaina ^_^

I know how you all feel. My parents are about as unsensitive and unhelpful as they get. Everyday I get reminded how my face is broken out. My mom can be so ignorant. "You know you eat too much fat, that's why you're broken out." BTW my diet consists of 40% 50% carbs and 10% fat. My dad on the other hand tells me tells me I need am dirty, and should clean myself and my pillow case more often. If it was only that easy. Every morning I hear my your face is nice and red, what's a matter with you boy? Do you masturbate too much? I tell ya what I wish I could pick out a few certain people and curse them with the acne I got and see how they'd like it.