Notifications
Clear all

Acne is sexy

MemberMember
(@cvelilla)

Posted : 09/08/2017 11:31 am

Hey guys,

I just wanted to post something different on this forum. I have suffered with acne for 6 years, I have literally tried everything possible and through those six years I have experienced an array of emotions. I have been angry, sad, lonely, depressed, and insecure. I'm not going to tell you that I am at my optimum confidence level or that I even love myself now or more. It seems like people promote that they love themselves after they make their flaws disappear, but that's not always the case. My point is acne is terrible and it makes you feel terrible, but you aren't. You are handsome, beautiful, sexy even with acne. I know how it feels to not want to go outside at all and I know how it feels to not be able to look someone in the eyes because you are so uncomfortable in your own skin. We are pressured to look a certain way and when we don't we judge ourselves and so do other people. OH MY GOSH, can we talk about other people? I know most people are just trying to help but when someone suggests you need to wash your face more, it feels like they are telling you that you are dirty. I hated my skin, but I got through it. Unfortunately it took a really long time, I attempted to cure my own acne which ended in disaster. Needless to say I made it worse, but I kept going no matter how bad my skin got. I had to resort to accutane, but I was at the point that if I didn't I would spend all day in bed and cry 24/7. I have been inspired by the man I love, he stuck by me through it all constantly reminding me what he saw and surprisingly it was beauty. I just thought if we all could tell someone they were sexy, beautiful, or handsome....maybe we could help someone through their journey. Whatever it might be, acne or not. My boyfriend got me through a really rough time and maybe thats all we really need is support. If you don;t have support, just know I'm here thinking you guys are beautiful or handsome and you will get through this! If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask. Sorry for the novel but I just want to spread some positive energy.

MemberMember
(@blake252525)

Posted : 12/09/2017 3:39 am

Hey, I've struggled with loneliness and isolation for years of my life. I am a 21 year old virgin and it hurts a lot. I've been a loner forever and I've been personally trying to gain the courage to talk to new people but I'm not intimidating nor a fighter nor do I feel I have a chance with most women. I have an odd sense of confidence and self esteem that seems to come out of no where from time to time and it coming more the less fucks I give to the negative people. I don't know what to do about my self esteem being inevitably low a lot in my life. I've been constantly hated on and discriminated due to my vision problems. I function so well to the untrained eye but I am very blind and that is something that hurts within itself. It just hurts that much more that I feel so shamed to take my shirt off or show any of my acne. My chest is full of keloid acne scars and I haven't done much to change it because I've tried to ignore significant body issues and has been easy to do because there has been nobody to help urge me to change my habits of avoiding the big elephant in the room that I'm aware of. I have man boobs and a lot of keloid acne scars and I feel insignificant so I feel I'll never lose my virginity or meet someone I find super sexy or attractive in and out because I feel ugly and unlikable physically, especially when I will have to inevitably reveal my chest. ;,(

Any advice you are willing to give would be very much appreciated and wanted. If you don't mind me asking; How old are you? I'm 21 and male. I'm gonna take more action on my body because I'm changing as a man personally. I'm taking more self pride and acceptance within myself to who I am and am really losing interest in the people that don't give fucks about me. It still hurts at times though.