Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xaida

I burned my skin trying to get rid of acne/hyperpigmentation

So I've had acne specifically on my forehead for four years now and it's severity decreased around last year. At one point I had severe cystic acne throughout the month, but now I only develop pimples/cysts around certain times. I'm starting to develop acne around my nose/under my eyes.

Having severe acne damaged my skin and left me with hyperpigmentation. When trying to get rid of acne/acne scars, I'd apply DIY/chemical treatments and I didn't notice this until recently, but the skin on my forehead is darker than the skin on my face. It is a lot tougher as well. I can apply harsh chemicals that would burn my cheeks to my forehead and almost nothing will happen. I can see a dark like running between my hairline and the tails of my eyebrows in the very places I'd apply the chemicals.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does anyone know what I can do about this?

Thank you.

Edited by xaida

Actually, this doesn't seem to be a problem. The dark marks turned out to be something else and they're gone, anyway.