Notifications
Clear all

Huge & fast hyperpigmentation improvements (with pictures)

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 09/05/2017 3:42 am

Hi beautiful people! To begin with, I've suffered with moderate acne for about two years now. I've had acne since I was about 14 though but it was pretty mild. Anyways, I got cystic acne when I was 16. Theyre mostly gone now, but unfortunately they left pretty ugly acne scars. And that's what I wanna talk to you guys about!

I discovered tamanu oil two weeks ago and ordered it after I read that it clears up acne scars by promoting new cell growth. So, I took pictures of my progress and expected to see results after a month since my acne scars are pretty dark and gross, BUT I was so shocked to see this much of a difference in just a week! I'll attach the collage I made of my progress. I zoomed in very close because i generally don't post pictures of my face online for personal reasons, but I really wanted to show you guys my improvements with tamanu oil! I'm still absolutely shocked and really excited and will continue to update you guys with it if you want. Honestly, this has been a miracle product to me and I urge all of you to at least try to out if you suffer from acne scars.

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/11/2017 12:34 am

So awesome to hear! I've heard good things about tamanu oil too. I haven't tried tamanu yet, but I really love using rosehip oil. :)

[Link removed] | I blog about natural skincare & korean beauty products

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/11/2017 1:42 am

I've been using tamanu over a week and I'm pretty happy! I only use it as a spot treatment. Two spots I've been putting it on have shrunk! Not entirely gone yet but I'm pleased. Also, one day I had a red itchy area on my chin for some reason. I Put tamanu on it and within an hr it was gone! I got another itchy red area this time on my left cheek so I tried it again, and by the end of the day it's pretty much gone now! II'm gonna use it on a few more pigmented areas now that I'm satisfied with the results :) I only use this during the day tho cuz I think it might be too heavy at night

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 09/11/2017 3:54 am

On 9/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, honey&ginseng said:

So awesome to hear! I've heard good things about tamanu oil too. I haven't tried tamanu yet, but I really love using rosehip oil. :)

[Edited link out] | I blog about natural skincare & korean beauty products

It's funny because I haven't used rosehip oil yet but Ive heard lots of great things about it

On 9/11/2017 at 12:42 PM, ForwardWeGo said:

I've been using tamanu over a week and I'm pretty happy! I only use it as a spot treatment. Two spots I've been putting it on have shrunk! Not entirely gone yet but I'm pleased. Also, one day I had a red itchy area on my chin for some reason. I Put tamanu on it and within an hr it was gone! I got another itchy red area this time on my left cheek so I tried it again, and by the end of the day it's pretty much gone now! II'm gonna use it on a few more pigmented areas now that I'm satisfied with the results :) I only use this during the day tho cuz I think it might be too heavy at night

I'm so happy to hear that you've had great results with it :D it's really seem to have calmed down some scarring I have on my cheeks. I'll insert a picture right here. The after picture was taken about 12 days after the before picture. I know my scars are definitely still there and noticeable, but at least it's improving even just little. 

IMG_2765.JPG

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/11/2017 3:59 am

Wow that's great improvement for 12 days! Ur skin also looks healthy despite the hyperpigmentation. How did u ultimately cure ur acne??

I Also want to add that I'm using the Aura Cacia brand. Which do u use?

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 09/11/2017 4:18 am

19 minutes ago, ForwardWeGo said:

Wow that's great improvement for 12 days! Ur skin also looks healthy despite the hyperpigmentation. How did u ultimately cure ur acne??

I Also want to add that I'm using the Aura Cacia brand. Which do u use?

Awe, thank you so much <3 

and well, I have forehead acne which i cured by taking a colon cleanse (pills that elimate all waste in the digestive system). As for my cheek acne, it was pretty tricky. I did the acne.org regimen for a month but I was too broke to keep on with it. It somewhat worked however it made my skin very dead and dry looking. So after I stopped using it, my acne came back. So I decided to simultaneously take "Dr. Christopher's Hormonal Changese" and "Dr. Christopher's Reprodoctive Formula" herbal supplements. I took them for a month straight and two weeks later no new acne which I'm happy about. I think that did the trick. I hope tamanu oil will work for my scars. In the meantime, I'll keep taking progress pictures :) 

Edit: I forgot to answer ur question! Sorry about that haha. I use CAOH tamanu oil. Ordered it from amazon 

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/12/2017 4:17 am

23 hours ago, theafternoon said:
Awe, thank you so much <3 

and well, I have forehead acne which i cured by taking a colon cleanse (pills that elimate all waste in the digestive system). As for my cheek acne, it was pretty tricky. I did the acne.org regimen for a month but I was too broke to keep on with it. It somewhat worked however it made my skin very dead and dry looking. So after I stopped using it, my acne came back. So I decided to simultaneously take "Dr. Christopher's Hormonal Changese" and "Dr. Christopher's Reprodoctive Formula" herbal supplements. I took them for a month straight and two weeks later no new acne which I'm happy about. I think that did the trick. I hope tamanu oil will work for my scars. In the meantime, I'll keep taking progress pictures :) 

Edit: I forgot to answer ur question! Sorry about that haha. I use CAOH tamanu oil. Ordered it from amazon 

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep  those products things in mind. Also wondering about something else!

Have u ever put tamanu oil on a pimple that u popped? Two pustules i had leaked/popped on their own, but not all of it came out so i squeezed what I could and put pimple stickers on them to drain out more. On one of them nothing but that clear liquid is coming out but it's still sore so I put tamanu on it since it's antibacterial. A few hrs later it's still sore. I'm wondering if this was a good idea or not 

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 09/13/2017 8:04 pm

On 9/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, ForwardWeGo said:
Thanks for the reply! I'll keep those products things in mind. Also wondering about something else!

Have u ever put tamanu oil on a pimple that u popped? Two pustules i had leaked/popped on their own, but not all of it came out so i squeezed what I could and put pimple stickers on them to drain out more. On one of them nothing but that clear liquid is coming out but it's still sore so I put tamanu on it since it's antibacterial. A few hrs later it's still sore. I'm wondering if this was a good idea or not

Wow its such a coincidence you say that because a huuuge pustule I had just popped by itself just 30 mins ago! I didn't bother squeezing all the puss and blood out so I Just put tamanu oil on it. It's only been 30 minutes so I'll keep you posted on if it calms down by tmrw or if it leaves a scar and whatnot. But did it end up working out for you?

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/14/2017 1:32 pm

17 hours ago, theafternoon said:

Wow its such a coincidence you say that because a huuuge pustule I had just popped by itself just 30 mins ago! I didn't bother squeezing all the puss and blood out so I Just put tamanu oil on it. It's only been 30 minutes so I'll keep you posted on if it calms down by tmrw or if it leaves a scar and whatnot. But did it end up working out for you?

So far nothing different has happened. Just dark red marks now. Ur still getting acne in the areas u put the tamanu?

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 09/16/2017 4:16 am

On 9/14/2017 at 11:32 AM, ForwardWeGo said:
On 9/13/2017 at 6:04 PM, theafternoon said:

So far nothing different has happened. Just dark red marks now. Ur still getting acne in the areas u put the tamanu?

Mine turned into a red scab which I'm trying my best not to pick at. And well, I broke out on my forehead and one pimple on each cheek so I'm doing a digestive system cleanse which seems to be maintaining my acne right now. The pimples I got on my forehead are going away pretty fast, and the two pimples on my cheeks are healing fast too. I should really just avoid junk food and start to eat healthy but it's just so hard for me to commit to that!

Oh and don't know if I mentioned this but i I apply tamanu oil on my entire face even the areas where there are no acne or scars.

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/16/2017 4:56 am

26 minutes ago, theafternoon said:
Mine turned into a red scab which I'm trying my best not to pick at. And well, I broke out on my forehead and one pimple on each cheek so I'm doing a digestive system cleanse which seems to be maintaining my acne right now. The pimples I got on my forehead are going away pretty fast, and the two pimples on my cheeks are healing fast too. I should really just avoid junk food and start to eat healthy but it's just so hard for me to commit to that! 

Oh and  don't know if I mentioned this but i I apply tamanu oil on my entire face even the areas where there are no acne or scars. 

Have u had ur digestive system checked at all? Is there really something wrong with it? A year ago I found out I have something called h. Pylori. Which a lot of people actually have and I read that it might have an affiliation with acne. I haven't done anything about it, but I definitely am now. 

In fact, next week I'm getting everything checked; hormones, allergies, vitamin deficiencies, etc.. because I recently had an allergic reaction to stinging nettle. I got hives and pretty sure it's what caused me to break out becuz of the stimulation the allergy gave me.

Anyway I'm mentioning this becuz u stated junk food. I really don't think food is the culprit becuz there are many ppl out there who eat poorly and/or don't really take care of their skin yet have pretty good skin. I really think some of us are genetically/biologically prone to more skin issues than others, so it's not the fault of the food. 

About the tamanu, it seems it does a better job at healing skin once it's no longer active, like red marks, based on my experience and yours. I'm not going to conclude that, though, until maybe 2 weeks from now, just in case pimples reappear in the areas I put tamanu on. So far though it's been pretty good. It does best whenever I have a slight itchy spot and on my red marks. I'm going to continue using it as a spot treatment for now. 

Do u use it as a moisturizer day and night? I wish you luck with the product, well luck for both of us :)

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 09/18/2017 5:33 am

On 9/16/2017 at 2:56 AM, ForwardWeGo said:
Have u had ur digestive system checked at all? Is there really something wrong with it? A year ago I found out I have something called h. Pylori. Which a lot of people actually have and I read that it might have an affiliation with acne. I haven't done anything about it, but I definitely am now. 

In fact, next week I'm getting everything checked; hormones, allergies, vitamin deficiencies, etc.. because I recently had an allergic reaction to stinging nettle. I got hives and pretty sure it's what caused me to break out becuz of the stimulation the allergy gave me.

Anyway I'm mentioning this becuz u stated junk food. I really don't think food is the culprit becuz there are many ppl out there who eat poorly and/or don't really take care of their skin yet have pretty good skin. I really think some of us are genetically/biologically prone to more skin issues than others, so it's not the fault of the food. 

About the tamanu, it seems it does a better job at healing skin once it's no longer active, like red marks, based on my experience and yours. I'm not going to conclude that, though, until maybe 2 weeks from now, just in case pimples reappear in the areas I put tamanu on. So far though it's been pretty good. It does best whenever I have a slight itchy spot and on my red marks. I'm going to continue using it as a spot treatment for now. 

Do u use it as a moisturizer day and night? I wish you luck with the product, well luck for both of us :)

Nope I haven't had my digestive system checked yet. And also, how do you get your allergies and vitamin deficiencies and (things like that) checked? Would I just need to schedule an appointment with my doctor? Or do I go to specific place for that? I really wanna get that checked. And does insurance usually pay for the cost? 

And i I know a lot say that food can't be the source because there are some people that eat junk but still have flawless skin ” i get your argument but like you said every body is different and will react to different things differently. I'm pretty sure my forehead acne is linked to food not digesting properly, and my cheek acne from stress and could be hormonal. That's just what I think from my own experience. 

Also, even tamanu oil is working really good so far. I use  daily as a moisturizer. I only use it at night and on mornings where I won't have makeup on throughout the day.

I'll attach a picture of how my scars look right now. The before picture will be the same before picture I used above (day 1 of using the oil). Im not good with math but it's been about 20 days I think.

Disclaimer: With flash, I feel like it looks a lot better than what it is. Maybe I'll take pictures with sunlight instead of with flash. 

IMG_2821.JPG

MemberMember
(@alliloz)

Posted : 09/19/2017 11:26 am

Very nice results, haven't heard of Tamanu oil before but it looks like its working great for you!

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 09/20/2017 2:30 am

Thank you alliloz! It's a pretty cool oil you should look it up :)

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/25/2017 6:01 am

On 9/18/2017 at 3:33 AM, theafternoon said:
Nope I haven't had my digestive system checked yet. And also, how do you get your allergies and vitamin deficiencies and (things like that) checked? Would I just need to schedule an appointment with my doctor? Or do I go to specific place for that? I really wanna get that checked. And does insurance usually pay for the cost? 

And i I know a lot say that food can't be the source because there are some people that eat junk but still have flawless skin ” i get your argument but like you said every body is different and will react to different things differently. I'm pretty sure my forehead acne is linked to food not digesting properly, and my cheek acne from stress and could be hormonal. That's just what I think from my own experience. 

Also, even tamanu oil is working really good so far. I use  daily as a moisturizer. I only use it at night and on mornings where I won't have makeup on throughout the day.

I'll attach a picture of how my scars look right now. The before picture will be the same before picture I used above (day 1 of using the oil). Im not good with math but it's been about 20 days I think.

Disclaimer: With flash, I feel like it looks a lot better than what it is. Maybe I'll take pictures with sunlight instead of with flash. 

IMG_2821.JPG

U need to ask ur primary doctor for a referral to see an allergist. It's pretty easy! I haven't scheduled my appointment yet but I will soon. It should be covered by ur insurance, but I'm not sure, depends on the company. 

Ur skin still looks healthy n the marks are fading nicely! I haven't really been using tamanu the past few days so I have no progress to report, but I'll start again tmr. I say keep it up!

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 10/19/2017 1:46 am

Alright thanks ForwardWeGo :D I'll ask my doctor to refer me to an allergist because I really want to know if it's really anything specific that I'm eating that my body can't handle. 

Also, just an update this is what my skin look like right now with continued use of Tamanu oil. It didn't really maintain my breakouts because I still broke out here and there, but it did help brighten up my scars from the first time I applied it. 

IMG_3140.JPG

MemberMember
(@diskursen)

Posted : 10/24/2017 2:02 pm

On 9/5/2017 at 10:42 AM, theafternoon said:

Hi beautiful people! To begin with, I've suffered with moderate acne for about two years now. I've had acne since I was about 14 though but it was pretty mild. Anyways, I got cystic acne when I was 16. Theyre mostly gone now, but unfortunately they left pretty ugly acne scars. And that's what I wanna talk to you guys about!

I discovered tamanu oil two weeks ago and ordered it after I read that it clears up acne scars by promoting new cell growth. So, I took pictures of my progress and expected to see results after a month since my acne scars are pretty dark and gross, BUT I was so shocked to see this much of a difference in just a week! I'll attach the collage I made of my progress. I zoomed in very close because i generally don't post pictures of my face online for personal reasons, but I really wanted to show you guys my improvements with tamanu oil! I'm still absolutely shocked and really excited and will continue to update you guys with it if you want. Honestly, this has been a miracle product to me and I urge all of you to at least try to out if you suffer from acne scars. 

On 10/19/2017 at 8:46 AM, theafternoon said:

Alright thanks ForwardWeGo :D I'll ask my doctor to refer me to an allergist because I really want to know if it's really anything specific that I'm eating that my body can't handle. 

Also, just an update this is what my skin look like right now with continued use of Tamanu oil. It didn't really maintain my breakouts because I still broke out here and there, but it did help brighten up my scars from the first time I applied it. 

IMG_3140.JPG

OMG im so happy i saw ur topic!! Im suffering alot with severe hyperpigmentation, i will definetly buy  CAOH tamanu oil ! How do you use it, how much do you use?, When? Every night/morning?? together with something? Please answer im desperate hehe :PP THANKS!

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 10/24/2017 6:02 pm

On 10/18/2017 at 11:46 PM, theafternoon said:

IMG_3140.JPG

Wow!! Amazing results! Glad to know that tamanu helps you :)

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 10/25/2017 3:07 am

12 hours ago, diskursen said:
OMG im so happy i saw ur topic!! Im suffering alot with severe hyperpigmentation, i will definetly buy  CAOH tamanu oil ! How do you use it, how much do you use?, When? Every night/morning?? together with something? Please answer im desperate hehe :PP THANKS!

I'm really glad you benefited from this topic! This is why I decided to create this thread in the first place :D as you can see in the picture, my scars were extreeeemely red. Like almost blood red. Now about two months later they've nicely faded to a soft brown. 

anyways, before I apply the product on my face I make sure to cleanse my face first. Since the tamanu oil doesn't have a wand, I have a to pour the oil on the palm of my hand so I'd have make sure I don't pour too much. Honestly you'd just need a nickel size amount, I mean that's how much I need to apply over my hyperpigmentation. With clean hands I'd apply the tamanu oil to my problem areas. Then with the rest I would apply over the rest of my face. At times when there no tamanu left on my hands for the rest of my face, I would just use a tiny bit of jojoba oil over those areas instead. Oh and I would just use it at night since it's pretty heavy and thick. The smell is pretty strong too. When I know I won't be around people, I would sometimes apply it in the morning though. 

Hope I helped! 

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 10/26/2017 4:37 am

I haven't heard about it but thanks for sharing.  Good to know it's working well for you. :)

MemberMember
(@urmomchloe)

Posted : 12/20/2017 8:57 pm

Is anyone here i know i am too late but who cares haha so i had the same hyperpigmentation as you. I think imma buy the tamanu oil but i wonder did you use any skin care routine such as serum, toner for your hyperpigmentation ? or just using tamanu oil ? should i put tamanu oil before the moisturizer or after moisturizer ? Hope you reply

MemberMember
(@filip12345)

Posted : 12/29/2017 9:50 pm

Im really happy to see your amazing results. Thanks for sharing this with us, I'll be trying this oil for sure!

MemberMember
(@robin_r)

Posted : 12/30/2017 5:55 pm

Thank you so much!
I'll try this out.
Did you used this at night or in the morning?
nevermind

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 01/04/2018 11:00 pm

On 12/20/2017 at 5:57 PM, UrmomChloe said:

Is anyone here i know i am too late but who cares haha so i had the same hyperpigmentation as you. I think imma buy the tamanu oil but i wonder did you use any skin care routine such as serum, toner for your hyperpigmentation ? or just using tamanu oil ? should i put tamanu oil before the moisturizer or after moisturizer ? Hope you reply

Hi chloe, I just use the oil by itself since its already pretty thick. I dont use any moisturizer with it. Hope you get good results!

On 12/29/2017 at 6:50 PM, Filip12345 said:

Im really happy to see your amazing results. Thanks for sharing this with us, I'll be trying this oil for sure!

Awe thank you! The scars are fading away and in probably three months max theyll at least be 90% gone.

MemberMember
(@theafternoon)

Posted : 01/07/2018 9:46 am

Just in case anyone was interested, I will attach a before and after pictures of my scars since August 29 to January 7. So basically this is about a 5 month difference with using tamanu oil. 

0262CEC1-D4CD-4E9D-A6CE-A3DCA66419CF.png

This is a pretty big difference to me. The scars are almost gone. They™re pretty faint and maybe more noticeable in real life but compared to 5 months ago it™s so much better. My advice to everyone reading this thread is to try out tamanu oil. I feel like it really sped up the clearing process for me. I still get acne but not like before. I would get maybe two pimples and once they leave, another two pimples would appear. I think if I fix my diet I™ll be cured from my acne so I™ll try to commit to that. 

If you guys would like, I™ll attach a picture in two or three months as a follow up.