Notifications
Clear all

Ocd maybe?

MemberMember
(@lemon098)

Posted : 09/03/2017 11:12 pm

Im currently awake at 5am crying because of my acne my 3rd breakdown in under 12 hours i think its my personal record. Im just here to vent really. I've been put on a new contraceptive pill specifically for my acne and its making it worse i have cystic acne all along my jaw and chin which never happens, i've researched and it says it gets worse before it gets better but right now i can't physically handle the the worst. I start back at college in the morning and i dont know if i can face going. I've had acne since i was 12 but it got severe when i was 14 im now 17 and its just getting worse and worse i feel like it'll never go away im getting about 4/5 new pimples everyday. Ive been referred to a dermatologist but my appointment is taking forever to come through, in the past 6 months ive started developing ocd tendencies too around my acne having to recheck my skin at certain times of the day, i barely go out because of my acne but i try not to let it hold me back but it does and i fear i have deep psychological issues now because of this. sorry for ranting im feeling emotional and because its 5am i have no one else to speak to

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@a-c-p)

Posted : 09/04/2017 2:59 pm

I´m so sorry you are going through some bad moments ... I know what you´re feeling and so do thousands and thousands of other people with acne. I know this doesn't really help but I just want to let you know that eventually the acne will go away and if you don´t enjoy life now one day you will look back and regret not doing all the things that you wanted to do but didn't because of acne. Please, go out and enjoy life...I´m also trying to and even though sometimes it´s hard I know that if I surround myself with good people my acne will not a problem at all.
As for the psychological issues and OCD part ... if you feel depressed and that It gets worse everyday go see a doctor ... this is serious , don´t just brush it off and say that it´s nothing , ok ?
Please do not ignore your feelings if they are so bad that they keep you up at 5 am crying for several nights. 

Good luck  :) 

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@summertimesadness)

Posted : 09/04/2017 5:18 pm

18 hours ago, Lemon098 said:

Im currently awake at 5am crying because of my acne my 3rd breakdown in under 12 hours i think its my personal record. Im just here to vent really. I've been put on a new contraceptive pill specifically for my acne and its making it worse i have cystic acne all along my jaw and chin which never happens, i've researched and it says it gets worse before it gets better but right now i can't physically handle the the worst. I start back at college in the morning and i dont know if i can face going. I've had acne since i was 12 but it got severe when i was 14 im now 17 and its just getting worse and worse i feel like it'll never go away im getting about 4/5 new pimples everyday. Ive been referred to a dermatologist but my appointment is taking forever to come through, in the past 6 months ive started developing ocd tendencies too around my acne having to recheck my skin at certain times of the day, i barely go out because of my acne but i try not to let it hold me back but it does and i fear i have deep psychological issues now because of this. sorry for ranting im feeling emotional and because its 5am i have no one else to speak to

I know your pain I am on accutane at the moment and there isnt a part of my face not covered in painful, sore acne I haven't been outside in two weeks!

I start school Wednesday and I literaly would rather die but we just have to get through this who cares what people think you are a strong woman and you just ignore the haters acne is temporary their attitude is permanent!

A.C.P and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 09/04/2017 6:07 pm

Hi both. ACP is spot on. We r all here for you. You are both taking action and will both be improving soon. Well done!
Lemon 098 : Roaccutane has a good success rate so be positive!!!
The derm will give u advice and treatment Summertime Madness and things will get better. Proud of your positive attitude.
Please both keep moving forward with life and your education and fight the urge to hide.You will regret it if you let your fears get the better of you. Acne will not matter to the good friends you have. Anyone that is bothered is superficial and so not worthy of your time and attention.
All the very best at this really tough time. You can get through it though. Xx

MemberMember
(@summertimesadness)

Posted : 09/04/2017 6:55 pm

48 minutes ago, Juwalker said:

Hi both. ACP is spot on. We r all here for you. You are both taking action and will both be improving soon. Well done!
Lemon 098 : Roaccutane has a good success rate so be positive!!!
The derm will give u advice and treatment Summertime Madness and things will get better. Proud of your positive attitude.
Please both keep moving forward with life and your education and fight the urge to hide.You will regret it if you let your fears get the better of you. Acne will not matter to the good friends you have. Anyone that is bothered is superficial and so not worthy of your time and attention.
All the very best at this really tough time. You can get through it though. Xx

thank you x