Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin is always so greasy and gross. In the moring I am very oily, then by noon, I feel like I have to wash my face again. Then again in the evening. Am I washing too much?? See, I use retin a micro at night, so I try to wear and spf in the morning. All that stuff really makes me greasy and feel icky. However, I did come across this new sunblock from DDF that has a matte finish and has antioxidents. Is is really essential to wear a sunblock even if your not gonig to be in the sun very long?? Also, this sunblock has Vitmain A in it (Retinyl Palminate) Should I stay away from that sunblock because I'm already on retin a which is a vitamin a derivative?? Someone help!! What do yuo guys do about being greasy?? Do you wash a lot? use mattifiers?? what??

Thanks. Any input would help.

If your on Retin-A, I think you MUST wear sunblock, not sure though. You didn't specify what products you use. Make sure you get oil-free, lotion for oily skin. I don't know what kinda lotion to get for people with Retin-A, though. You might want to get some oil blotting sheets eitehr by Clean and Clear. I heard the mary Kay ones are bigger though.

I always get the same thing, oily an hour after washing, a cosmetic surgeon told me the best thing to use is tissues to dab your skin with, they won't dry your skin out, but will suck up the oil, unlike the oil control strips you buy as there in most cases alcohol based, so they'll suck up the oil but dry out the skin more, increasing oil production. Just try tissues, they'll do the same thing.

blahblahblah how bad was your oil production before? and how much improvement did you get? also how long did it take?

i don't know, i never really used oil blotting things to check as most people do. but, anytime i'd wipe my finger across my forehead it'd look like i just dipped it in olive oil :D

ive gone through about a bottle of it or so, and im very noticably down in oil production. i'd say it's been about 3 weeks of 2 times a day

one of the very few things ive actually placed a second order on

blahblahblah i'm oily too and it sucks. i notice when i use a toner it's alot better. but you're using the regulating spray so i don't know. just get those oil blotting sheets from 'clean and clear' and blotblotblot.

have you tried clinac oil control? you can buy it at dermstore.com My derm recommended it to control oil and it is compatible with topical acne creams.

No, i don't mean clinique oil control. CLINAC oil control is an over the counter oil control cream that you have to buy on-line at a prescription store. My dermatologist recommended it. It costs about 14 dollars. It's formulated especially for those with acne and can be used in conjunction with topical treatments. That's why it's so good.

i meant that i personally found that it didnt mesh well with bp. although it's probably just me

see, when i was using the spray and bp awhile ago, it'd take ages to get through the process

1. shower

2. get dry (both products, bp and spray require you to be 100% dry)

3. apply either bp or spray

4. wait 5 mins

5. apply either bp or spray (whichever i didnt do)

6. apply moisturizer

it was just like, 20-30 mins of doing stuff to my face. i didn't like doing all of that, but i'm pretty sure theres no actual chemical reaction or anything bad to using regulating spray and bp together. if you can stand doing all of that for a half an hour twice a day, more power to you

Blahblah,

does your skin still get oily?

How long does it stay normal throughout the day after showering?

And did the acne miracle stuff cause any breakouts or pimples?

thanks