Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Breakouts and School

MemberMember
(@summertimesadness)

Posted : 08/31/2017 2:44 pm

Hey guys! ^_^
I'm new to the forum and have just completed my first month on accutane.

I am experiencing horrid breakouts and scaring across my face that are dark red it is really upsetting me!

I was prepared for an inital breakout but not this long!! I start school again on the 6th of September and I don't know what to do! Can anyone suggest anything I could do to reduce the acne and/or scarring?? 

-Summertimesadness 

MemberMember
(@a-c-p)

Posted : 09/03/2017 5:22 pm

Hey there !
I know how hard it is 
I´m on the same boat as you except I´m almost on my 4th month of accutane. I´m still breaking out and starting school soon and I feel like crap ... so yeah , I know how you feel . 
My advice is that you don´t put anything on your face , your skin is already sensitive because of the medication and any little thing can cause it to become irritated and worse than It is now. My dermatologist told me to only put moisturizer and sunscreen on my face , nothing else ... but if you have any doubts ask your doctor about It . 
Don´t pop the pimples, It can cause scarring.
Good luck , hopefully you won´t have to wait more than 4 months to clear like me :P ahah

MemberMember
(@summertimesadness)

Posted : 09/04/2017 5:24 am

12 hours ago, A.C.P said:

Hey there !
I know how hard it is 
I´m on the same boat as you except I´m almost on my 4th month of accutane. I´m still breaking out and starting school soon and I feel like crap ... so yeah , I know how you feel . 
My advice is that you don´t put anything on your face , your skin is already sensitive because of the medication and any little thing can cause it to become irritated and worse than It is now. My dermatologist told me to only put moisturizer and sunscreen on my face , nothing else ... but if you have any doubts ask your doctor about It . 
Don´t pop the pimples, It can cause scarring.
Good luck , hopefully you won´t have to wait more than 4 months to clear like me :P ahah

Thanks for the advice! From now on I'm only washing my face with water ans putting on moisturiser and aloe vera it is too painful to wash :'(

As for popping the spots I must admit I have been stupid and popped a few and the heads seem to go crusty and fall off when I dry my face no matter how gentle I am!!

-Summertimrsadness

Juwalker and A.C.P liked
MemberMember
(@summertimesadness)

Posted : 09/06/2017 5:36 am

So I just thought I'd give an update I went back into school for enrollment today and it wasn't too bad plenty of stares and wispering and a backhanded compliment from a group of girls saying they thought I'd look cute when all my spots where gone 

MemberMember
(@a-c-p)

Posted : 09/06/2017 9:15 am

Yeah, don't worry, people won't care anymore in a few weeks, I find that to be True because there's a girl in my school that has a lot of acne and people were like "omg, her skin..." at first but then it was just normal and now no one really cares.
How old are you?

MemberMember
(@summertimesadness)

Posted : 09/06/2017 10:16 am

59 minutes ago, A.C.P said:

Yeah, don't worry, people won't care anymore in a few weeks, I find that to be True because there's a girl in my school that has a lot of acne and people were like "omg, her skin..." at first but then it was just normal and now no one really cares.
How old are you?

I'm 16 I've just gone into sixth form

A.C.P liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/07/2017 2:34 am

How are you getting on now? Interested to hear how you are progressing?