Notifications
Clear all

Clogged pores or something else?

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 08/30/2017 3:06 pm

I feel completely frustrated! Last year I started to notice that my skin was looking a little bumpy, after a few months I noticed that these bumps were getting a bit bigger and seemed as though they were spreading. I went to a clinic and was advised that my pores were clogged and was recommended a series of microdermabrasion treatments and brought some glycolic cleanser that they advised would be beneficial. I had 5 sessions of microdermabrasion and I honestly can say that it's the most useless treatment and waste of money. It did nothing other than leave me looking like a red tomato for a few days and aggravated my skin badly. I was then advised to try isolaz but after spending a fortune there already and not seeing a difference I didn't bother with it,

For the past year I have tried every lotion and potion and honestly it's no different. I have tried salicylic acid peels, glycolic cleansers you name it iv tried it. Currently I have been using paulas choice 2% bha perfecting gel for the past 2 months and there is no change. I am at my wits end. These bumps funnily enough are pretty much all over just my right cheek. They are mainly no bigger than 1mm but then there are a few that are about 2-3mms. They only way I have got them to go away briefly is to squeeze them but it's obviously not a good idea and it's damaging my skin badly. I am just at a loss now, If I leave them alone they get bigger and spread but if I squeeze them they spread and come back anyway. Any idea what's going on? Any help would be greatly received!

MemberMember
(@vonnegaga)

Posted : 08/31/2017 5:46 am

Just like what i have. They always refill right? I usually squeeze mine and it leave spot on my face afterwards. Anyways I tried everything under the sun till i was prescribed with Differin. My skin looks better. Then i also use NIzoral shampoo 2% it might not be acne thats why its not responding to acne treatment. So I suggest u try it. But better still check with a dermatologist and a pic would have been more helpful. Cheers

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 08/31/2017 7:04 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes they always come back! I will pm you a pic later on see if they are the same. I have just brought some nizoral after looking atdifferent posts. I have only used it a couple of times so far though.

MemberMember
(@vonnegaga)

Posted : 08/31/2017 7:53 pm

12 hours ago, clareabella said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes they always come back! I will pm you a pic later on see if they are the same. I have just brought some nizoral after looking atdifferent posts. I have only used it a couple of times so far though.

Leave it on your face for about 5-10minutes depending on your skin type.

once a day

The secret is just be patient.

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 09/01/2017 12:03 am

Thank you. I will start doing that daily now.

MemberMember
(@kitsterangel)

Posted : 09/01/2017 12:11 am

Did you try antibiotics? My skin went wild a while back and my doctor prescribed three months of antibiotics (i think minocycline) and my skin completely cleared up of any pimple! They started coming back tho (not as bad tho thank god), its not a permanent solution for me but it could help you maybe?

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 09/01/2017 6:44 am

I havn't tried any antibiotics yet. Prescribed medication is probably the only thing i havn't tried. Iv got a doctors appointment on the 9th October so im going to see what they say and hopefully see if tgey will refer me if nothing else works in the meantime. Thank you for your advice :D