Notifications
Clear all

I'm so.. exhausted of wearing makeup everyday

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 08/24/2017 8:35 pm

I don't know how I'm supposed to keep this up...
I just finished my first year of college, finishing summer break and heading back for sophomore year soon.
I'm not ready for a lot of things but I'm especially unprepared to have to deal with wearing makeup every day.

Last year, I wore makeup everyday (to hide my acne duh) and it got so tiring. Even on weekends and days off, because I was too embarrassed to even let my roommates see my face. It added +20 minutes to my mornings and evenings to apply and remove makeup and + a lot of mental exhaustion.

It's been so nice this summer to only have to wear foundation on days where I'm going out, so only a few days a week.
The thought of having to go back to daily makeup with no break just makes me cry... It takes so much out of me.

I don't think I would ever wear this much makeup if I didn't have acne. I know a lot of people do it for fun and I used to, too, but wearing makeup to hide your ugliness vs to enhance your beauty are two totally different things....

Also, before you say wearing makeup daily is bad for your skin, idk. Because my skin is exactly as bad this summer as it was all last school year. I don't think it makes any major difference.

I'm just. So tired. and not ready to do this again, idk how I handled last year......... Any tips to keep up the energy..? I wish I could just not care, but I'm so, so, incredibly self conscious....

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 08/30/2017 8:09 pm

Makeup does not make cause acne. I used it too for many years to cover my acne. However what are you trying for your acne? Are you on some treatment?

avalati and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@hotler)

Posted : 08/31/2017 8:45 pm

Instead of using makeup everyday.
How about wearing a acne treatment everyday.
I wish i still had acne.
I would of worn acne treatment everyday.
But i have scars.
Makeup doesn't do much for me

avalati liked
MemberMember
(@stephaniejaane)

Posted : 09/01/2017 6:52 pm

I understand this completely! During university I would spend up to an hour applying my makeup before I even could leave my room and go to the bathroom with fear of my housemates seeing my skin. To solve the time issue I use foundations that can be applied in one layer in less the 5 minutes - covering all my acne. It didn't have to look perfect just enough to be presentable in my staying in days. Some of the most full coverage foundations I've found are the seventeen stay time foundation, Elf acne fighting foundation and dermacol foundation.

avalati liked
MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 09/10/2017 11:00 pm

On 8/30/2017 at 9:09 PM, Ae1976 said:

Makeup does not make cause acne. I used it too for many years to cover my acne. However what are you trying for your acne? Are you on some treatment?

Not really treatment, I Just use some products..... Currently I'm using bp for spot treatment, rose water witch hazel for toner, shea butter moisturizer... Nothing really works though, I've tried a lot of things

On 8/31/2017 at 9:45 PM, Hotler said:

Instead of using makeup everyday.
How about wearing a acne treatment everyday.
I wish i still had acne.
I would of worn acne treatment everyday.
But i have scars.
Makeup doesn't do much for me

My skin really isn't in any way to be presented though :( I do acne treatment nightly but going barefaced during the day just isn't an option. I think I'd rather be in public naked than in public barefaced.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:52 PM, Stephaniejaane said:

I understand this completely! During university I would spend up to an hour applying my makeup before I even could leave my room and go to the bathroom with fear of my housemates seeing my skin. To solve the time issue I use foundations that can be applied in one layer in less the 5 minutes - covering all my acne. It didn't have to look perfect just enough to be presentable in my staying in days. Some of the most full coverage foundations I've found are the seventeen stay time foundation, Elf acne fighting foundation and dermacol foundation. 

Yeah this is very relatable ;___;!!! I don't spend as much as an hour but it's still too much....  Thank you for the foundation recommendations though, I'll check them out!! I'm currently using revlon colorstay as foundation and kat von d's lock it tattoo foundation as concealer

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/12/2017 7:54 am

On 9/11/2017 at 9:30 AM, avalati said:

Not really treatment, I Just use some products..... Currently I'm using bp for spot treatment, rose water witch hazel for toner, shea butter moisturizer... Nothing really works though, I've tried a lot of things

BP for just spot treatment? nah. it would be much much better if you spread it on the entire acne prone area(speaking from personal experience). don't use high concentrations, 2.5% works as good a s 10%. use a very mild cleaner, and that shea butter worries me, it causes a lot of people to breakout, so try not using that for a week or so, and if there is any improvement you will know who is the culprit. And remember, no matter what don't let this get in the way of anything that makes you happy, you deserve all of it. Good Luck

avalati liked
MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 09/12/2017 6:51 pm

10 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
On 9/11/2017 at 0:00 AM, avalati said:

BP for just spot treatment? nah. it would be much much better if you spread it on the entire acne prone area(speaking from personal experience). don't use high concentrations, 2.5% works as good a s 10%. use a very mild cleaner, and that shea butter worries me, it causes a lot of people to breakout, so try not using that for a week or so, and if there is any improvement you will know who is the culprit. And remember, no matter what don't let this get in the way of anything that makes you happy, you deserve all of it. Good Luck

i dont really have "acne prone areas" though, I always get them in random places : ( and I dont want to apply it to my entire face
And I think the shea butter is alright. I was using aveeno before and i think it wasn't good for me, when I switched to shea it seems to have improved slightly. Do you have any recommended moisturizers though? I haven't tried that many
Thank you!

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/12/2017 9:32 pm

2 hours ago, avalati said:
i dont really have "acne prone areas" though, I always get them in random places : ( and I dont want to apply it to my entire face
And I think the shea butter is alright. I was using aveeno before and i think it wasn't good for me, when I switched to shea it seems to have improved slightly. Do you have any recommended moisturizers though? I haven't tried that many 
Thank you! 

I know how you feel, really. I've been struggling with acne for over 12 years. But the good thing is it actually seems like it's calming down. I used to wear makeup every single day too, like you. One day I was just sick of putting those unknown ingredients on my face, and my skin feels less clogged. It'll get better, I promise!

What helped for me is getting a good moisturizer that fights acne too. Layer that underneath your makeup, with spf on top. I use cosRX moisturizer, it has birch sap, which is a really hydrating ingredient. So your skin will drink it up and produce less oil. Less oil= less places for acne-causing bacteria to breed.

Also, double cleansing is a must! It's like the cornerstone of Korean skincare- that's why their skin is so flawless. *jealous* It ensures that all the makeup, grime, dirt, sweat, oils, etc from the day is swiped clean off your face before you apply other products at night!
I hope this is helpful for you. :)

avalati liked
MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 09/13/2017 6:31 pm

20 hours ago, honey&ginseng said:
I know how you feel, really. I've been struggling with acne for over 12 years. But the good thing is it actually seems like it's calming down. I used to wear makeup every single day too, like you. One day I was just sick of putting those unknown ingredients on my face, and my skin feels less clogged. It'll get better, I promise!

What helped for me is getting a good moisturizer that fights acne too. Layer that underneath your makeup, with spf on top. I use cosRX moisturizer, it has birch sap, which is a really hydrating ingredient. So your skin will drink it up and produce less oil. Less oil= less places for acne-causing bacteria to breed.

Also, double cleansing is a must! It's like the cornerstone of Korean skincare- that's why their skin is so flawless. *jealous* It ensures that all the makeup, grime, dirt, sweat, oils, etc from the day is swiped clean off your face before you apply other products at night!
I hope this is helpful for you. :)

Wow, thank you for these tips!! I'll probably get that moisturizer :o
and yeah I've been looking into korean skincare but it seems kind of overwhelming with those routines with soooo many steps

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 09/13/2017 7:14 pm

Go to a derm and get accutane. Everything else is like a band aid

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/18/2017 11:42 pm

On 9/13/2017 at 5:21 AM, avalati said:
Thank you!

well, if you don't really have acne prone areas then I suppose its not that severe and it might also be due to using lots of products,,dont have any recommendations for moisturisers