Notifications
Clear all

Will this ever end?

MemberMember
(@s33kings0lution)

Posted : 08/24/2017 2:05 am

I just want to vent out. Sorry for my bad english(not my 1st language).

I thought I can make it 21days without fruits as it is the only food in my diet which may cause insulin spikes but I have only managed 5days without it. I'm gonna try again today but a part of me wants to give up.

Acne has been controlling my life since I was 18. I'm 26 now. I've given up dairy long time ago, grains(wheat/gluten) too. All I'm eating now are lean meat and vegetables. I take supplements too.

I have old congested pores that has turned into cycstic acne. 3 merged together and became so swollen. One on my forehead. They've been active for almost a week now and they're not even improving. Can't have them injected with corticosteroid because from my experience, they cause atrophy and leaves indented scarring.

I don't have that much option anymore. I've already been on accutane twice, never going back. Had very bad initial breakout and it impaired my healing while I was on it.

Acne is the reason why I don't socialize that much. Makes me want to stay in my room til it gets better. I'm so tired of feeling this way but I can't help it. For those who are suffering with acne, I feel you. It seems like a never ending battle. I want to give up, I'm so tired mentally, emotionally and physically(the pain and the itchiness).

Acne is a disease.

MemberMember
(@smallsteps123)

Posted : 08/24/2017 2:24 am

I used to have a lot of acne when I was in middle school and high school and I used to isolate myself too. Now that I am older I regret that because I realized that no one really gives a shit wether you have acne or not and I missed out a lot because I treated my acne as a disease. I mean look at Logan Paul in his teenage years. We all look like shit when we are teens and the good looking people from school now will probably age faster and look shittier in the important phase of life: adulthood.

jamie-corbett-justjamiie-when-did-logan-paul-go-emo-jake-25358845.png

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 08/24/2017 2:36 am

It certainly is a disease. Good for you to vent!!! You are trying so hard and clearly have incredible self control!! I think you have reached the point where you need to give yourself a break tho!!! The chops and changes and elimination of foods are probably wearing you down. The rest of your body needs care and good nutrition too. Be kind to yourself. You are far more than your skin. I don't know the answer but I do think you need to stop being so hard on yourself at the moment and give yourself a chance to re-gain energy and strength. All the very, very best. Sincerelyfeel for you friend. Total respect.

MemberMember
(@s33kings0lution)

Posted : 08/26/2017 3:12 am

On August 24, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Juwalker said:

It certainly is a disease. Good for you to vent!!! You are trying so hard and clearly have incredible self control!! I think you have reached the point where you need to give yourself a break tho!!! The chops and changes and elimination of foods are probably wearing you down. The rest of your body needs care and good nutrition too. Be kind to yourself. You are far more than your skin. I don't know the answer but I do think you need to stop being so hard on yourself at the moment and give yourself a chance to re-gain energy and strength. All the very, very best. Sincerelyfeel for you friend. Total respect.

Thank you so much for this. You are totally right but whenever I eat food I used to eat like anything that contains wheat, it gives me eczema so I really have to cut 'em off my diet. I have so much food intolerances which just showed up in my mid 20s.

Thank you so much for you kind and thoughtful words.

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 08/28/2017 4:40 pm

On 24 August 2017 at 8:24 AM, smallsteps123 said:

I realized that no one really gives a shit wether you have acne or not

This isn't true. A lot of people genuinely do think less of you if you have acne. Some of them will be openly hostile and cruel towards you, because they haven't learnt how to suppress their disgust. Its not fair, but it is how it is. The mistake I made was assuming that because some people found me disgusting, it meant that everyone did. I missed out on a lot because of that.

We all look like shit when we are teens

This isn't true, although a lot of people do that thing where they pretend to be embarrassed about their hair or the clothes they were wearing back in the day. I don't think that's the same as having lived with severe acne.

the good looking people from school now will probably age faster and look shittier

See above. If we all look like shit when we are teens, there wouldn't have been any good looking people at school would there? There's also no evidence to suggest good looking people look worse or achieve less in adult life, or whatever parents tell their ugly children to try to make them feel better. Its a fantasy. Again, its not fair, but it is how it is.

MemberMember
(@s33kings0lution)

Posted : 08/28/2017 11:28 pm

I agree with everything you said. This is indeed a struggle people don't normally understand. It's so tiring to wakeup on a negative note, being anxious of looking in the mirror and checking if your skin has gotten worse or improved slightly.

I really wish there was a single cure for everybody but I don't think it is possible as we are all different.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 08/30/2017 7:58 pm

It is a disease and a struggle. And you're right, when it comes to acne there is no single cure. Each one of us has to find out a unique cure for our acne. One thing that might help is taking a Vitamin C supplement. Just try it out and see.

And fruits do not cause insulin spikes if you eat them whole, i.e with the fibre. Stop being so hard on yourself. 🙂

MemberMember
(@s33kings0lution)

Posted : 08/31/2017 8:41 am

On 8/31/2017 at 6:58 AM, Ae1976 said:

It is a disease and a struggle. And you're right, when it comes to acne there is no single cure. Each one of us has to find out a unique cure for our acne. One thing that might help is taking a Vitamin C supplement. Just try it out and see.

And fruits do not cause insulin spikes if you eat them whole, i.e with the fibre. Stop being so hard on yourself. 🙂

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to respond...i take 1,000mg of Vit C everyday. It helped a lot with my allergic rhinitis but I'm not sure if it's helping my skin. Even though I still suffer from breakouts, I still choose to take VitC every single day, it boosts my immune system as I noticed that I don't get sick as often as I did before.

I used to eat a lot of fruits, I eat loads of them every meal and I do notice I tend to breakout more if I continue eating in that amount. Now I only eat 1 fruit a day.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 08/31/2017 9:23 pm

12 hours ago, S33kingS0lution said:
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to respond...i take 1,000mg of Vit C everyday. It helped a lot with my allergic rhinitis but I'm not sure if it's helping my skin. Even though I still suffer from breakouts, I still choose to take VitC every single day, it boosts my immune system as I noticed that I don't get sick as often as I did before.

I used to eat a lot of fruits, I eat loads of them every meal and I do notice I tend to breakout more if I continue eating in that amount. Now I only eat 1 fruit a day.

You're right. Too much fruits will cause you to breakout. 1 or 2 a day is generally fine.