Notifications
Clear all

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!! 🙂

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/23/2017 3:27 pm

ok so i have my first dermatologist visit tomorrow and i have some questions regarding what to expect.

will the derm treat all of my problems at once? or will they try to do one at a time?

does the derm usually give you a whole regimen (face wash, treatment, moisturizer) or can you stick with the same routine you have now and just replace the treatment with a prescription one?

recently i have gotten some burns on my face (from benzoyl peroxide) that have really messed up a few spots on my face (basically took the top layer of skin off of a few spots) and now it is scabbing over. but this is not the reason i am going to the dermatologist and i'm afraid they are going to give me a treatment for the soul purpose of getting rid of those scabs since that's the most obvious problem. do i tell the derm that i want something to treat the whole problem or will they do that regardless ?

will they give give you a prescription the first visit? if so is the first option usually something taken orally or a topical treatment?

MemberMember
(@nonniva)

Posted : 08/23/2017 3:36 pm

Hi!! I went to the dermatologist about a week ago and yes, they prescribed me an entirely new skincare routine and Epiduo, basically because Proactiv after 9 months wasn't working. Usually they will look at your skin, (the good ones do at least) ask you questions regarding diet, excercise, your current routine, etc. You'll want to be thorough with answering so they can work out what to do. If you want to treat the whole issue, let them know. My dermatologist wanted to start me off slow with a mild topical (Epiduo) and I have to say after just 8 days I can see a lot of improvement. I no longer have large, painful cysts. Accutane is my final and probably next option if Epiduo doesn't work. I've had probably stage one severe inflammatory acne from age 8 and where i am now, 13. Yes, the first option is probably going to be a topical or something you can take orally. If you'd like to start off more aggressive, also, let them know. I wish you all the best!

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/23/2017 6:48 pm

thanks for the advice! what face wash did they give you? also i started using a new face wash about 3 months ago and it's helped tremendously but of course it didn't solve all of my problems or i wouldn't be going to the derm. but the face wash had made my skin a lot brighter and a lot smoother, do you think they will let me keep my current face wash ?

MemberMember
(@nonniva)

Posted : 08/23/2017 7:00 pm

they gave me CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. It's worked really well so far and it makes my skin super smooth and soft. I'm not sure if they'd let you keep your current face wash- although this is the first dermatologist I've been to that actually changed my skincare routine instead of trying to put me on expensive topicals that have bad side effects. It's a possibility they might let you keep it- but it depends on who you're seeing!! you're welcome :).

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/23/2017 7:25 pm

okay! thanks! i've just seen so much improvement and i would hate for that to all turn around and go back to how it used to be.

MemberMember
(@nonniva)

Posted : 08/23/2017 7:48 pm

If it's done so much to improve your skin, definitely emphasize on that and make sure you get to keep it and just incorporate the products they give you into that! By the way, what face wash is it? It sounds great.

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/24/2017 7:08 pm

i just got back from the dermatologist and they prescribed me Epiduo and she suggested that i purchase the Cerave foaming cleanser and the Cerave PM moisturizer. i went ahead and bought the face wash and moisturizer but i am only going to use the moisturizer to start so i'm not trying too many new things on my skin at once (considering it is very sensitive and usually doesn't react well to products). i am going to keep using the face wash i have been using until i figure out how my face will react to these other new products. also to answer your question about the face wash, i'll attach a picture of it below :) me and my mom both use a few of this company's products and have never been disappointed. i was kind of skeptical at first since it contained coconut oil, but it has actually helped my clogged pores! 

IMG_2216.PNG

MemberMember
(@nonniva)

Posted : 08/24/2017 7:52 pm

Thank you so much! Again, happy to hear it went well