Notifications
Clear all

please fast response needed: really bad sore

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 08/22/2017 7:18 pm

hi can someone please recommend how to heal this. it was a pimple that had to be released from pressure. after it popped, it has left this. its like a crater within the skin, the middle has white soupy-ish not solid skin and the outside is a bright red ring. this happened on thursday. usually my acne scabs are gone by now, but this is a thing of its own.

I've tried keeping neosporin and aquaphor on it at night but its made zero progress. i also tried just letting it dry out and crust up and that hasn't made it heal any more either. i really need help. i finally got my skin to a point where i was happy and now this happened and i am having trouble getting out of bed and facing the world. please someone help me.

IMG_9192.JPG

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/22/2017 10:25 pm

i'm having the same problem right now but so so much worse, so be grateful!! haha. anyway i've been putting aloe and neosporin on them and covering them with a small bandaid. i have about 4 of those all different sizes and a lot more red. i had pretty clear skin as well so i'm kinda bummed (i also have a dermatologist appointment on thursday and now they have to deal with this mess instead of my usual skin :/ ) but i recommend keeping it moist with neosporin or aloe for now to prevent scabbing. if you look it up there is tons of research that proves moist wound healing is better than dry. also if your concerned about going in public just put a bandaid (cut to size or a small one) on top of it and if anyone asks, make up a story! and if it makes you feel any better about doing that, i'm going to school with 3 bandaids on my face tomorrow. good luck! (also from what i can see in the picture, you have really pretty skin, so don't let this get to you too much!! :) ) 

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 08/23/2017 8:18 am

9 hours ago, hannahclettenberg said:

i'm having the same problem right now but so so much worse, so be grateful!! haha. anyway i've been putting aloe and neosporin on them and covering them with a small bandaid. i have about 4 of those all different sizes and a lot more red. i had pretty clear skin as well so i'm kinda bummed (i also have a dermatologist appointment on thursday and now they have to deal with this mess instead of my usual skin :/ ) but i recommend keeping it moist with neosporin or aloe for now to prevent scabbing. if you look it up there is tons of research that proves moist wound healing is better than dry. also if your concerned about going in public just put a bandaid (cut to size or a small one) on top of it and if anyone asks, make up a story! and if it makes you feel any better about doing that, i'm going to school with 3 bandaids on my face tomorrow. good luck! (also from what i can see in the picture, you have really pretty skin, so don't let this get to you too much!! :) ) 

thanks:) i have been using neosporin. it usually works great for me but unfortunately isn't doing much good. are yours like craters? mine is an obvious hole in the skin (prollly better seen in person)...and usually it scabs and levels out but it hasn't at all its just stayed a big hole thats kinda wet. ugh..... not happy right now I'm really really upset

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/23/2017 3:12 pm

mine were very similar to that but they are scabbing a little bit now. i had to go to school with bandaids on my face 

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 08/23/2017 10:03 pm

6 hours ago, hannahclettenberg said:

mine were very similar to that but they are scabbing a little bit now. i had to go to school with bandaids on my face 

image.jpg

image.jpg

trust me! i know the stages of healing by now very well, and those are looking very good. just keep doing what you're doing and i promise in no time they will peel away. don't peel them too early and surely don't pick! we will make it through this i promise. Im testing out "wound honey" to see if its really as great as all the reviews. ill keep ya posted:)

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 08/24/2017 12:03 pm

im bumping this because i REALLY need help. I've never had something this deep on my face. i havent picked it since it happened but its just not healing whatsoever. this is what it looks like (i have to put makeup on, I'm going to class.....realistically I'm not going to walk around with this shit on my face in public). PLEASE someone helpIMG_9271.PNG

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/24/2017 7:00 pm

i just went to the dermatologist today and she told me to keep vaseline and a bandaid on mine overnight, but mine are scabs so it's different :/ ive had "holes" in my face similar to that and i put some of this (will attach picture) on it and it helped over the course of a few weeks.  it is not gone completely but definitely smoothed out a lot. the derm also prescribed me Epiduo today so i'll keep you posted about how that goes. 

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@nonniva)

Posted : 08/24/2017 7:51 pm

For sores you should definitely try L-Lysine powder. You can probably buy it at a local pharmacy. I take it every day after meals and it gets rid of acne, scarring, and will definitely help with cold sores.
Look up L-Lysine and do some more research! It's definitely helped me.

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 08/24/2017 8:36 pm

44 minutes ago, nonniva said:

For sores you should definitely try L-Lysine powder. You can probably buy it at a local pharmacy. I take it every day after meals and it gets rid of acne, scarring, and will definitely help with cold sores. 
Look up L-Lysine and do some more research! It's definitely helped me. 

Hi! I've actually been taking lysine for a year now...and i will say it does help! thanks for the tip :)