Notifications
Clear all

Anyone with severe acne scars able to get a partner?

MemberMember
(@ai3forever)

Posted : 08/22/2017 2:16 am

I feel so cheated in life and stressed up everyday. For normal people, think of the worst day in your life and then think how it would feel like
relieving it everyday, That is how severe acne scar sufferers feel. Everyday, I would wake up, look in the mirror and than
realize how shitty my skin looks and then waves of depression and sadness engulfs me. It is taking a mental toll on me too.

The worst thing about it is you cannot do anything about it. If you are fat, you can exercise and become slim. If you are anti-social, you can improve your own personality. But for scars, you can't do naught. Yes, you can go for treatments etc but they do not remove all your scars and at most they
smoothen it a bit. For people complaining about life , your boyfriend/girlfriend breaks up with you etc. I laugh at them as these are just very petty things. You can recover from them. Acne scars affects your social life, you feel nervous around people sometimes. The huge part of enjoyment of life is interacting with people and having that freedom taking away from you is huge.

I have come to a point and said f**k it, just try dating. I have tried dating and although i'm good looking (without the scars) ,I think they can sense me being a little different and also notice that my face is really in bad condition. most of the dates end after one or two meetings. I had one girl who really liked me, but she wasn't the type of girl that a family would approve (Heavy smoker, full bodied tats). This is coming to a point where I feel too exhausted to even do anything already. I know how the outcome would be like even before I try to date someone. This isn't the case pre-scars where dating was fun, I looked forward to the dates and I felt confident. Now, it feels more like an exam to me, it feels dreadful because I would be too conscious of what the other person would think.

I am just so sick of it. Anyone with acne scars (Severe) having successful dating stories? I am accepting the fact that I will probably be single the rest of my life.

dazzed and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 08/22/2017 2:45 am

There's another post like this. If I had the time I would set up a dating site for acne sufferers. Good business idea for sure!

LostHope liked
MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 08/22/2017 3:06 am

haven't been with a girl since a long time, lol. Maybe someday things will change.

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 08/22/2017 3:26 am

`

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 08/22/2017 4:12 am

Rude?? I have suffered with acne for years, so has my hubby and my daughter is now too. We both still suffer! Why else would we be on this site? Dating is obviously a massive worry for acne sufferers. My intentions were genuine.

We all benefit from a bit of love in our lives.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 08/22/2017 10:08 am

Girls want a good looking guy who looks healthy; therefore, to deny the negative effects of acne scars on a mans face is delusional at best. To have severe acne scars in the mating game is like sprinting with a broken leg - it is futile, you will lose. You must fix the problem or at least try fixing the problem to the best of your abilities before wasting your time with women.

This is in regards to severe scars, not the light scarring most have here.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 08/22/2017 9:19 pm

I've been dating this girl for 2 months, talking to her right now.

Pics of my scars are in my Novick thread.

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/23/2017 12:16 pm

14 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

I've been dating this girl for 2 months, talking to her right now.

Pics of my scars are in my Novick thread.

Wow I'm so happy for you that your life has turned around so much.

LostHope and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 08/23/2017 6:57 pm

6 hours ago, dazzed said:
Wow I'm so happy for you that your life has turned around so much.

My skin has come back from the depths of hell, so I can relate to this thread. It's certainly not perfect and I'm going to keep working on it, but it doesn't seem to bother people the way it used to.

Keep fighting the the good fight.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@ai3forever)

Posted : 08/24/2017 3:59 am

On 22/08/2017 at 11:08 PM, ChildhoodDreams said:

Girls want a good looking guy who looks healthy; therefore, to deny the negative effects of acne scars on a mans face is delusional at best. To have severe acne scars in the mating game is like sprinting with a broken leg - it is futile, you will lose. You must fix the problem or at least try fixing the problem to the best of your abilities before wasting your time with women.

Yes, this is the cold heart truth. We will almost always assess a person by his/her looks first then seeing their personality. People saying that looks dont matter are just spewing BS.

It is not the end though, I have an uncle who has scarring who has a beautiful wife. But he met his wife in his 30s. Dont think he was dating anyone when younger.

To my knowledge, woman/girls below 30 still value looks too much. If you are trying to woo a more matured lady above 30 they may not mind the scars. But then again, it narrows your dating prospects and I will still have to wait out a few more years lol.

dazzed and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@scarreddodo)

Posted : 08/25/2017 6:42 am

Guys you need to stop.
I've a lot of acne scarring also on my nose included hypertrophic and what not.
I'm 28 years old and also balding. So double bad luck for me I guess.
I know it sucks it puts you down. But you must change your mindset, mind over matter! I've dated a lot of beautiful women in the last couple of months just be yourself. My ex girlfriend was also beautiful and they just don't seem to care that much. If they like you no scar is gonna change that.

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 08/25/2017 3:27 pm

I personally think it's worse for us girls with all the " perfect make up look" that seems to be in nowadays, try creating that on a rough surface! It's impossible. Sadly this world is so superficial now, I am just glad I'm not a young girl anymore, there is to much pressure on people to be perfect.

I know i'm never going to be perfect but let's face it who is?This time last year I used to obsess over my skin butnow I just think what the heck, if you don't accept me the way I am then to hell with you.You can have perfect skin but be an absolute ugly pig on the inside. Remember looks fade anyway, who you are though can shine through for the rest of your lives.

Kay24, Noa27 and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 09/03/2017 7:56 am

I know some people who are flawless as **** and they are still single. What I'm trying to say is, if you are 'destined' to be single for life or if you don't do something for you not to be single (with or without them scars) then you really will be.

We have a lifetime for this don't worry.hehe Best of luck! :)

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@alyssam136)

Posted : 09/05/2017 5:43 pm

Hello all, I am here to try to provide some hope. I have had severe acne for more than 6 years. I used the acne.org regimen and my skin became much more clear but I have rather severe scarring and dark marks left over. I have been with the same partner for over two years now. He has made me feel beautiful everyday even if I am in the middle of a particularly nasty hormonal breakout. Now that my skin is clear, I know he is proud of me and it makes me happy to know that he thinks I am even more beautiful now. 
The thing is, if you feel sorry for yourself for having acne/scars, or if you feel like you are ugly because of them, other people pick up on those feelings. Do not let your skin condition define you as a person. Try your very best to be confident and people will start to notice you. Once you stop hiding behind your skin the whole world around you changes. I hope you all find what you're looking for in life. xo :)

Juwalker, Kay24, dazzed and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 09/07/2017 11:21 am

My honest advice is to keep getting treatment. Treatment to the skin is really the only fix, maybe some therapy if you need it. I know this journey had an extreme impact on my mental health and self esteem. Mental health can sway dating life as well. I've been on this journey for 3 years, and have gone through phases of not leaving my house to holding stable employment and dating. I'm a severe case, like strangers actually made comments in public and I would get stares with disgust or sadness on people's faces, but improvement is possible. I don't regret continuing on with treatments. I'm thankful to be alive and still throwing my hat in the ring whether that be in dating or any other aspect of life.

I met my partner on a kind of suicide support chat to be honest. Treatment wasn't an option anymore for me at the time and depression consumed me. He actually has a healthy mind, just not a mainstream thinker so he wondered in darker corners of the internet. We met in person and live together at this point. The scars were known to him because I was open about it in the chat. It was really freeing. I had dated a bit before and it was always oh god, let the lighting be okay, does the scars bother this guy and he's just not saying out of manners, he's going to see me in daylight oh no, etc. lots of anxieties I've developed over the years. With my current partner it was known it bothered me. With it in the open it didn't feel like an elephant in the room for me mentally. He's supportive as I go through more treatments now and look sunburnt for a week here and there. It's a wonderful release.

I've been at your point but possibly much lower. Spent time a couple years back in deep mourning over the fact I would never have children or get married because of this. In my mind, it was done. I'd be lucky if I could ever just step into a grocery store and shop comfortably in public, forget dating. Be good to yourself, treat yourself in and out and life might surprise you.

Binga, Rochelle21, Khadzak and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 09/07/2017 4:08 pm

Ive been with my partner since 1985 when my skin wasn't that bad.I got arthritis a year later and the acne came back with a vengeance.I have sever acne scars now,and my partner is still with me.Even having a partner for so long you'd think I was happy.Well Im not,I still worry about the scars,day in,day out.Even her friends have said,what you doing with him,horrible Bast..ards.

swen, Kay24 and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 09/07/2017 4:58 pm

Thank you all you guys for sharing and advising and showing that not everyone is shallow and that there is hope for everyone to find a supportive partner. As you say, self- confidence and personality make a real difference. It's absolutely not easy, but it is the way forward I believe.

swen liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/07/2017 5:05 pm

I aint perfect and the pakistani guys hate me where i shop cos the birds all fancy the fook outta me.

makes me laugh!you can have spots/scars and still be goid looking.yes,having nicer skin makes you even better but also having a nice proportioned face also makes a difference too!

i am just treating my skin and got rid of a lot of the scarring but its gonna be a long journey but its worth it.

i am single at mo but i been walking away from a proposal of one a month.the women i attract i dont find unattractive,its just they are into pakistanis and i dont like a woman who has like 5 other guys.

i live in uk,am half pakistani/white,my dad is pakistani and mother white.here where i live their a pain in ass,but,although still single i like the way women react.yes,sone do comment as i walk away but they say he aint perfect but hes nice,shame!

if you want to be nicer then treat your skin and improve yourself and maybe you start getting looks of admiration.some men/women do look through all the flaws and see your better qualities.

good luck!

and i aint looking for perfect woman,i find it funny how the white women who go with pakistanis always want perfect men.i always say i aint perfect so why me and they realise the pakistanis fill em with s@@t as most are plain and not many are good looking.i guess i got lucky with my blood father,he was an exception and i got my grandads looks from mam.

you all keep smiling and get stuck into them scars and hope you get success as i have had goid results so far,the months and healing times was worth it and hope it helps you.
:)

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 09/08/2017 2:13 pm

22 hours ago, Sam said:

Ive been with my partner since 1985 when my skin wasn't that bad.I got arthritis a year later and the acne came back with a vengeance.I have sever acne scars now,and my partner is still with me.Even having a partner for so long you'd think I was happy.Well Im not,I still worry about the scars,day in,day out.Even her friends have said,what you doing with him,horrible Bast..ards.

I thought that you were having success with needling?

MemberMember
(@amina-tahir)

Posted : 11/16/2018 4:21 am

Hello! I totally feel your pain. I've been dealing with acne scars too since forever.

I've dealt with acne (first) and then acne scars all my life. I've had lasers done (Fraxel), peeling, incisions - you name it. But I still have some scars left. I'd given up hope honestly. But I went to a doctors clinic in Karachi and they did a clinical microneedling procedure, which is the only thing that made a difference. But it was so expensive. like 15K per session. But then I discovered that I could do it myself at home. I then found the best, most effective and affordable way to reduce them. You see the effects literally the next day.

It's called Poof Acne Scars ([link removed]) ([social media link removed]) - it's the perfect dermaroller; made from the finest titanium needles that reduces the risks of any allergies. It is the perfect size for moderate to deep acne scarring. It will penetrate just deep enough to enable collagen production. Use it once every two weeks and start to see a difference within 3ish months.

Your skin feels so nice the next day if you use a good moisturizer or serum. It's the best thing ever for my acne scars! I used it one day before my wedding also so the scars wouldnt show.If their website is not available, leave them a message on instagram. They'll respond.

But i've also been practicing a lot of skin positivity saath saath and I nevere thought I'd be able to walk out without makeup or with my hair in a ponytail but I do that now. I'm super comfortable and happy in my skin. Shukar Alhamdulillah!

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 11/16/2018 4:53 am

15 hours ago, Amina Tahir said:

Hello! I totally feel your pain. I've been dealing with acne scars too since forever.

I've dealt with acne (first) and then acne scars all my life. I've had lasers done (Fraxel), peeling, incisions - you name it. But I still have some scars left. I'd given up hope honestly. But I went to a doctors clinic in Karachi and they did a clinical microneedling procedure, which is the only thing that made a difference. But it was so expensive. like 15K per session. But then I discovered that I could do it myself at home. I then found the best, most effective and affordable way to reduce them. You see the effects literally the next day.

It's called Poof Acne Scars ([link removed]) ([social media link removed]) - it's the perfect dermaroller; made from the finest titanium needles that reduces the risks of any allergies. It is the perfect size for moderate to deep acne scarring. It will penetrate just deep enough to enable collagen production. Use it once every two weeks and start to see a difference within 3ish months.

Your skin feels so nice the next day if you use a good moisturizer or serum. It's the best thing ever for my acne scars! I used it one day before my wedding also so the scars wouldnt show.If their website is not available, leave them a message on instagram. They'll respond.

But i've also been practicing a lot of skin positivity saath saath and I nevere thought I'd be able to walk out without makeup or with my hair in a ponytail but I do that now. I'm super comfortable and happy in my skin. Shukar Alhamdulillah!

This sounds like an ad

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 11/16/2018 10:22 pm

18 hours ago, Amina Tahir said:

Could you be anymore obvious? There's a special place in hell for people like you who prey on the vulnerable.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/17/2018 8:21 am

On 8/22/2017 at 11:08 AM, ChildhoodDreams said:

This is the conventional wisdom, but it flies in the face of everything we see around us today. Women have abandoned the evolutionary concept of finding the mate that is a good provider, and will provide the best offspring. How many beautiful girls do you see with absolute trash. Guys with no future and who don't give a damn either, and will probably end up in prison. Are you saying this trash is better than you? NICE GUYS FINISH LAST!!
I was married 3 times. Twice to the same absolute beauty. My 2nd wife was good looking, but not beautiful.

MemberMember
(@arug)

Posted : 11/17/2018 10:14 am

I got my scars in 1993 and my "market value" took a nosedive. I pretty much gave up. Nobody that I liked would ever talk to me with that kind of interest after I got scarred and that never changed.

My scars not so bad anymore but the huge wallop that my confidence took never went away. I still cringe when people get close to my face.

But I will say that whether I liked a guy or not had nothing to do with the quality of his skin. One of the most beautiful men I have ever seen had moderate acne scars.