Notifications
Clear all

Fungal acne !?

MemberMember
(@kizz18)

Posted : 08/21/2017 7:06 am

Hi
So I've had skin problems on and off since I was 13 years old and now I'm mid twenties. Some days my skin is clear I'll have some blocked pores which never go away but in terms of actual bumps and pimples  I can be clear most of the time. I'm starting to think I might had fungal acne, they can be small closed pimples that never come to a head but are red and not painful, or  little whiteheads that always come in groups mostly on the forehead and cheeks but if you out pop one it Just spreads !! Has anyone had anything similar or fungal acne and how did up I treat it ? Im at my wits end with this problem :( it Just never clears completely 

IMG_7726.JPG

IMG_7727.JPG

MemberMember
(@nicole_ca)

Posted : 10/12/2017 1:17 am

Hi there,
Like you I have similar looking bumps and they did turn out to be fungal acne....malassezia folliculitis to be exact. So far I've tried Diflucan oral and Selsun and Nizoral as body wash. This seems to work for many but not for me. Are you still having breakouts? If do you can try these things. I plan on asking the derm for oral itraconazole next. I think it's more effective than diflucan. Hoping you found a magic cure already though :) If so please share!

MemberMember
(@micala)

Posted : 02/03/2018 3:13 pm

pau d arco capsule