Notifications
Clear all

I don't know the scar type i have. Please give me some advices

MemberMember
(@solo32222)

Posted : 08/19/2017 10:58 am

I 've had these marks for 2 years. Is it too late to treat them?

IMG_20170819_081658805.jpg
image (2).jpg   image (1).jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/19/2017 11:40 am

These are scarred macules / scar pores and box cars. Your best bet is TCA peels on the area. IT will take several of them. You have ethnic skin so you need to use a combo of tretinorin and hydroquinone creams 2-4 weeks before your peels and again after you heal from your peels to avoid hyperpigmentaiton. I consider you issue very minor, if you go to strong on the acid percentage it can do more harm so build up to the appropriate level or goto a ethnic med spa / Aesthetic Derm. Your issue really isn't that bad, sometimes we can make things worse by doing something rather than leaving it alone, I do not notice anything until you zoom in very close, minor scarring.

MemberMember
(@solo32222)

Posted : 08/19/2017 1:31 pm

Thankyou for your input. I'm 18 and 9 months now, if I don't go for the peel, can the texture be improved? And is there an age deadline to fix these problems?

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

These are scarred macules / scar pores and box cars. Your best bet is TCA peels on the area. IT will take several of them. You have ethnic skin so you need to use a combo of tretinorin and hydroquinone creams 2-4 weeks before your peels and again after you heal from your peels to avoid hyperpigmentaiton. I consider you issue very minor, if you go to strong on the acid percentage it can do more harm so build up to the appropriate level or goto a ethnic med spa / Aesthetic Derm. Your issue really isn't that bad, sometimes we can make things worse by doing something rather than leaving it alone, I do not notice anything until you zoom in very close, minor scarring.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/20/2017 5:59 am

Your 18, you will heal with time, Do a light glycolic peels, or some people like clarsonic you know the ultrasonic brush thing and some sensitive soap like cetaphil to exfoliate. There is no age deadline to fix any problems, as we grow older we get more problems haha. You can try active face masks if your in Asia.