Notifications
Clear all

HELP!!!! Apple cider vinegar burned my face

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 08/18/2017 8:15 am

HELP!!

Burned my face with apple cider vinegar:

I used apple cider vinegar on my face(to remove tags) for 2 hours. It burned the skin and it turned dark brown. In 4-5 days the burned skin(scab) came off. But now there is a pinkish-brownish skin on my face. Will it scar permanently? Pls help me so I could remove it. It has been a week since the scab came off. I'm a female, Indian skin. (2 pea-sized scars)

I'm applying aloe vera gel. Should I continue applying?
Also, should I use honey on the pinkish-brownish skin? Will it help from scarring?

How much time will it take to come back to my normal skin colour? Will it scar? I'm worried

Pls pls pleeeease help so I could remove it without any scars

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/18/2017 10:00 am

Yes please keep applying aloe, honey is fine, sunscreen if you go into the sun. It will take a long time to heal, potentially months, use makeup over it . If it does not fade then it's hyperpigmentation and you can try skin bleach cream and tretinorin, but not for a several months.

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 08/18/2017 11:21 am

Thanks.

Months? This has made me more depressed.
But I've read people saying it goes away in weeks... I don't know.
Mine is only pea-sized...
Gosh, why did I use this stupid thing! I regret.

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 08/20/2017 2:26 am

On 8/18/2017 at 8:30 PM, beautifulambition said:

Yes please keep applying aloe, honey is fine, sunscreen if you go into the sun. It will take a long time to heal, potentially months, use makeup over it . If it does not fade then it's hyperpigmentation and you can try skin bleach cream and tretinorin, but not for a several months.

Any scar removing cream that I could apply at this stage? (Scar creams that I could get in india)

Should I use Mederma cream?

Should I use hydrocortisone??

Pls pls pleeeese do suggest !!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/20/2017 6:18 am

You don't have a scar yet, you have a fresh wound. You should be keeping it moist with honey / aloe vera. Scars take a while to forum. Those scars creams take forever and are not effective. Hydrocortisone is good for redness if used for 2 weeks, any more and it will thin your skin, it may stunt healing though as it's a steroid. Talk to a dermatologist if you have concern or the pharmacist. Ask them for a burn cream, this is a chemical burn.

MemberMember
(@nettels)

Posted : 09/27/2017 8:11 am

@tj7777 I have made this horrible mistake about 2 days ago. Applied it full on my cheeks. It has since turned severely red and small bumps all over. Please oh please tell me this will be better in a few days?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/28/2017 4:36 am

@Nettels
Put aloe vera and or honey on it. Consider it a "burn." IT's a chemical burn. Emu oil is good as well. Some use triple antibiotic cream or Aquaphor on these spots. It's a wound, wounds take lots of time to heal. You may need to use makeup while it heals. Guys can wear concealer or tinted susncreen too, Macys has dermablend surgical makeup. Do not use any scrubs or acids / harsh things on the spots, only gentle soap and water.

MemberMember
(@nettels)

Posted : 09/28/2017 5:30 am

Thanks. I honestly just want to stay in my room and cry but am supposed to go on a road trip tomorrow. My skin was quite clear before this. I litterly just want to crawl into a whole and die. Can't really treat it with honey as I will be with people all the time. I hate myself for trying this. Thanks for the advice though

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 09/28/2017 9:07 am

How much acv did you use and for how long? I'm sure yours is not as bad as mine. Did it scab?

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 10/18/2017 5:49 am

@Nettels

Hi, how is your wound now? Did your marks go away?

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 10/30/2017 2:23 am

@beautifulambition
I want to remove these pics from the post, but I couldn't find any option to delete. Pls help me delete the photos.
Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/30/2017 3:55 am

@Tj7777 Del it for you 😉

MemberMember
(@tj7777)

Posted : 10/30/2017 12:03 pm

@beautifulambition
Thank you.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/30/2017 5:23 pm

If you want fast cure, apply castor oil before going to bed. Leave it on all night and wash in the morning.

BTW it was silly of you to leave such a caustic chemical like vinegar for so long. Just where do you find information like that in the first place. My advice: Never take everything you read on the web at face value.

MemberMember
(@bby-belen)

Posted : 04/04/2019 5:05 pm

I did the same I put viniger in my face and it burn half of my face I keep putting honey in my face what else can I put in my face so the red could go away

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/05/2019 10:47 am

@Bby.belenRedness from a burn takes months to go away, the skin must heal and regenerate. See a Dr if you wish, if you feel it's severe, they may give you a steriod. There are burn gels in the first aid section. Also silver creams. No exfoliates or harsh soaps, be very gentle, aloe vera. Physical only ingredient Sunscreen is a must!!!!