Notifications
Clear all

AHA on sensitive skin

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 08/17/2017 4:05 pm

I bought AHA 10% last year but didn't start using it consistently till a few months ago. I've seen great improvement with my red marks on my right cheek. They're nearly gone now. The AHA also works well on new marks. I recently had a breakout (stress + pms) after not having one for a few months, but the aha along with my scar gel are fading my marks nicely. However, my left side seems to not handle the aha as well. I use aha about 2 times a week, used it last night, but today my left side looked redder n slightly irritated, after it had been looking lighter for about a week using the same products. I wonder, why is my left side more sensitive than my right? Anyone else have this problem?

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/12/2017 8:33 pm

No one has experience with this? AHA works for me, but every now and then the day after I apply my red marks will look brighter than usual, but most of the time they arefading away

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/13/2017 2:47 pm

Sort of! I'd say the parts around my mouth are the most sensitive of my whole face. So I refrain from putting anything too harsh on that area.

Hmm if it's showing signs of irritation, I'd lay off it on that spot for 2 weeks or so, and then slowly reintroduce it into your routine- maybe just once a week to test it out.

Personally, I use apple cider vinegar as my AHA but in a super diluted solution so that it doesn't irritate my face. :)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 09/23/2017 1:09 pm

I have that issue as well..the right side of my cheek is more sensitive than the left one..i just stick with very mild products that wont further irritate the skin

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 09/25/2017 6:04 am

On 9/23/2017 at 11:09 AM, eternalrocket said:

I have that issue as well..the right side of my cheek is more sensitive than the left one..i just stick with very mild products that wont further irritate the skin

Strange isn't it? I think I've managed to make it work tho! I've just been putting it on little by little, building up the amount with each application, and it seems to be working well!

On 9/13/2017 at 0:47 PM, honey&ginseng said:

Sort of! I'd say the parts around my mouth are the most sensitive of my whole face. So I refrain from putting anything too harsh on that area.

Hmm if it's showing signs of irritation, I'd lay off it on that spot for 2 weeks or so, and then slowly reintroduce it into your routine- maybe just once a week to test it out.

Personally, I use apple cider vinegar as my AHA but in a super diluted solution so that it doesn't irritate my face. :)

Yes I started slowly introducing it to my left cheek the past few weeks and now I'm not getting irritation :) Thx for the advice