Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
modeldude69

Red skin from peeled off skin?

I got a couple small bumps last monday and one larger zit under my nose and I began to put BP and SA and all on them withe a sulfur mask and by wednesday the bumps were gone but the skin was red and dry and dead. I begun putting some cortizone cream on them and yesterday the skin peeled off but now it is still a light red or pink color! How do I get this to go away? Right now I have cortizone, Neosporin and moisturizer on them...anyone know what to do in this situation?

stop putting cortizone on your skin. stop putting neosprin on your skin. Neither a steroid or antibiotic will help if the skin has largely healed and there is no inflammation or infection. Plus cortisone can have some bad effects if used inappropriately. You might want to keep the reddened areas moisturised with something healing and soothing.

yeah i know what you're talking about. its just new skin.. the pinkness will fade by itself. how much time really just depends on your skin, probably not that long. you can moisturize (maybe aloe if the new skin bothers you or something). but don't put all that stuff on it, you're probably just going to make it worse by irritating it.

Like i said in another thread. I read that new skin normally takes approximately 30 days to blend into the natural tone of your old skin. Just make sure you don't expose it to too much sun or wind damage.

That's intresting that it takes about 30 days fopr the new skin to blend in. Never knew that. I'm just gonna keep the aloe vera gel and moisterizer on it and hope for quick healing. I just have bad anxiety that they it won't go away. eusa_wall.gif

Same thing with me right now I have this red mark where I peeled alot of dead skin off of and I'm hoping new skin will form there. It's pink now I'm hoping the color will hurry up and fade for it to blend in with the rest of my skin color. I'm putting alot of moisturizure on it. I'm hoping I'll be straight before Christmas or at least before New Year's.