Notifications
Clear all

Specific products for bad hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@thatacneboi)

Posted : 08/17/2017 2:14 pm

After years of treatment, I finally got rid of my cystic acne, but what was left is a minefield of really really bad hyperpigmentation. Of the two attached photos, the one with worse acne is my right face (which has a combination of hyperpigmentation and acne) and the one with better acne is my left. I'm still working on the acne popping out from near the lips. My current treatment is 10% benzoyl peroxide wash and general acne face cleanser without strong chemicals like BP or salicylic acid. What specific product is recommended for my type of hyperpigmentation?

20170817_145814.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 3.08.20 PM.png

MemberMember
(@nonniva)

Posted : 08/23/2017 7:46 pm

Your skin scarily looks like mine before April, except better. 
I'd recommend some natural products since you're using a lot of aggressive treatment- 
Kuumba ScarCare & Repair and Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer works extremely well. 
But the best- Nixoderm. Works incredibly for hyperpigmentation and active acne. Look up some more on it. 
Costs about 6 dollars for one. This is probably the best product I've ever used! 
As for lip pimples- try not to eat greasy foods and when you brush your teeth, make sure none of the toothpaste dribble gets onto your mouth/lips.
attached below is what my skin looked like in April, when I was 12. I'm now 13 and its much, much better after using these products. Best of luck. 

image1 (2).PNG

image2.PNG

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/11/2017 12:46 am

The key is to be consistent with your skincare and protecting your skin. You'll begin to see differences after a couple weeks.

I think it's important to be gentle with your skin too. Using products that are too harsh will just aggravate and inflame your skin even more.
Eat a lot of leafy vegetables to help cleanse and detoxify your body.

Products like Vitamin C serums and Niacinamide serums are super good for treating hyperpigmentation. Also make sure if you're out in the sun a lot to apply sunscreen. This will prevent your skin from producing more melanin on your acne spots/ "wounds" on your face. Even if you're indoors you should apply sunscreen.