Notifications
Clear all

irritated enlarged pores

MemberMember
(@0kjec)

Posted : 08/10/2017 11:34 pm

i already have a problem with picking at my skin unintentionally, and yesterday i tried taking a bobby pin and using it to pop my black heads, my skin was clear besides a few pimples and black heads on my nose. so i took the bobby pin and all i know was that i started popping them at 4am and ended at 3pm (a long time), and my skin was really red and my pores were huge, which i'm guessing is from me scraping at my skin to get the blackheads out. i took a shower after and my face looked really bad and had gotten worse. My dad thought it was an allergic reaction to something cause my pores were so red and irritated(i'm not allergic to anything so i know it's not that). all i used on my face was dr bronners soap when i got in the shower and i've been putting which hazel on it, and i just put on a product i have that closes your pores. it's now around 11:30pm and my pores look like this, it's a lot less than earlier but it still looks really bad(before i tried to pop my blackheads there was no redness at all besides a few small pimples on my chin). what should i do to stop the skin from being so red and swollen? will it stay like this? and if not how long will it take for the redness to go down?IMG_3121.JPG

MemberMember
(@l-c-a)

Posted : 08/12/2017 4:22 pm

For me what helped was leaving my skin alone and giving it time to heal. Just try and leave your skin alone as much as possible. I've been washing with only cold water once a week for 7 months now and seen extreme improvements in my acne. Don't be afraid of oil, your skin secretes oil to lubricate/ moisturize itself and help itself heal. It doesn't go away overnight. For me it's been 7 months and I foresee it being completely gone in about another 4 months. Remember, if it irritates your skin, it's asking your acne worse.