Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr.peabody

All hail to Dan...

Honestly. I tried erythromycin, tetracyclin, clandimycin, zineryt, acne gel (has BP but I didn't use it properly), retin-A, roaccutane (had to give up booze for 6 months!!), tea-tree oil, witch hazel, accupuncture, kombucha tea, chinese herbs, dietary changes and a whole host of other things I can't even remember, all with varying success, but I still had acne!! At the start of this year I said "Matt, by the time this year is out, I'm going to have cured my problem." I didn't know how I would do it, but around Easter I found this site, and though I was reluctant at first a few months ago I started Dan's regimen and now I'm clear. Really properly clear. I have scars and my skin will forever be a little battered looking, but I did it. Thanks Dan. The difference it makes to my life is huge and wonderful.

wait it took you several months to clear? How severe was your case? Cause I've been on it for a week and don't see any improvement...I have mild acne I think..but sometimes it can turn to moderate..

woah, accutance did not work neutral.gif

that must have sucked, you take the accutance plunge and it screws you. sad.gif but the most important thing is you are clear now

I am clear now too and it rocks. I know exactly how great you feel smile.gif.

Congrats man

Yeah, BP took a while to work for me...but then everyone's physiology is different. I found that my skin reacted badly to it at first: my skin would turn red, become very dry and peel off, so I would have to only use a little and take breaks every few days, even with the use of a moisturiser. However, after a few weeks my skin adapted and I could apply more BP without the nasty side effects. I gradually increased the amount I used until I was clear of acne. It took a while for me. Some people say they get results in a few days, but I had to stick with it for over a month. I would say that while my acne was not very severe, it is resiliant and persistant. I would say to anyone who hasn't had much luck with BP yet, keep at it. If you've had it for over ten years like me, then it is bound to put up a bit of a fight.

Hey! I've been on the regime for 2 weeks now, and my face is getting better. My acne is disappearing although my skin is becoming shit... i mean, is quite red, peeling off a lot and dry no matter how much moisturizer i put on.

I read it will all finish when my skin gets used to BP, but for the moment, is a bit crap. I am considering to put it every other day, so maybe my skin will look a bit better... I think i wont apply BP today, and let it breathe!

Thanks Dan, anyway. I tried a lot of stuff, including roaccutane and didnt work, so this is the final step b4 surgery!! Hopefully it wont be necessary...!!

Regards to all!!

The first few weeks on bp can be annoying. Many people need to go through the well known "hardening effect" of bp, which includes that "dryness that won't go away" and redness. But it will go away. Changing to every other day application is fine if you have to, or just going to a tiny amount twice a day. But remember, to get total clearing, you'll eventually need to use PLENTY of bp.