Notifications
Clear all

[Skin concern] How to treat combination of rest acne, scars and PIH? (Pics included).

MemberMember
(@iekozz)

Posted : 08/10/2017 5:34 am

Hi there,

I used to have horrible acne on my face. This has been cleared by accutane a few years back. Now it's back again but in lesser form fortunately.

I went back to my general practitioner and they tried everything. Retin a, topical antibiotics and oral ones.

It did help somewhat but not enough. Got forwarded to a dermatologist. They wanted to try accutane again, but that did not work well with my current medicine.

So I got forwarded again to a Skin therapist. They did a couple of 30% bha peels and that helped bring my skin to where it is today. But it I still have alot of redness aswell as some scaring.

My skin therapist wanted to do a IPL for the redness. But I think a dermapen might be better cause of the scaring. You don't really see it on the pictures, but if you use a flashlight at a angle, boxcarr and ice pick scars are visible.

Current routine:

Morning: Cleanser -> Paulas choice 2% bha -> paulas choice spf 30 sunscreen

Evening: Cleanser -> Paulas choice 2% bha -> Paulas's choice nighttime moisturizer.

Pictures can be found here:[ [Edited link out]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/12/2017 4:47 am

You will need IPL for PIE or PIH. It takes several treatments, wounds are caused by the effects of acne. They are not scars. Microneedle is diffrent and can be done in combo with IPL. If they are surface box cars acid peels work best, go get some stronger TCA peels done by your skin therapist. I see no pitting in the picture which is hard because it's not attached to the site 😉 I would say TCA peels and IPL, PIE is your main concern (redness). I don't see what microneedle would help you with at this point. If you have spots, buy a demrastamp and stamp the area at home.

iekozz liked
MemberMember
(@iekozz)

Posted : 08/20/2017 5:27 pm

On 12-8-2017 at 11:47 AM, beautifulambition said:
You will need IPL for PIE or PIH. It takes several treatments, wounds are caused by the effects of acne. They are not scars. Microneedle is diffrent and can be done in combo with IPL. If they are surface box cars acid peels work best, go get some stronger TCA peels done by your skin therapist. I see no pitting in the picture which is hard because it's not attached to the site 😉 I would say TCA peels and IPL, PIE is your main concern (redness). I don't see what microneedle would help you with at this point. If you have spots, buy a demrastamp and stamp the area at home.

Hey, thanks for your answer. I've included a few pictures here on which you can see the scars from previous acne and the redness. Thanks again. I hope the IPL and tca/jessner peel will finally clear this up. Any advice would be appreciated of course :).