Notifications
Clear all

Accutane & Lack of Sex Drive (In Women)

MemberMember
(@cna)

Posted : 08/08/2017 10:04 pm

I completed Accutane a little over two months ago with little to no problems. I was on Accutane for six months, and while on the drug my sex drive slowly started to dwindle, but I was working on graduating college and never connected the dots. Now it's completely gone, as in so desire to have sex AT ALL. This is unlike me and I recently just started researching this side effect in relation to Accutane. Have any other women found a way to overcome this? I have a hard time believing this could actually be a side effect I deal with forever.... my doctor didn't mention anything about this being a possibility.

MemberMember
(@moretwine)

Posted : 08/09/2017 7:10 am

Hi cna,

I'm male and have had problems like many people on here. I have also read about females having issues too. Unfortunately I haven't come across anything positive in this area. It's not a listed side effect and seems to get laughed off from my experience. I find it weird that many people are complaining on here of such issues though. I had an appointment a long time ago with a psychologist and he mentioned that another young male patient of his had complained of similar issues who had also taken Accutane. It certainly seems like there are more of us out there. If this was proven true it is absolutely unacceptable and no doubt there would be severe penalties to come from it. More importantly for us, if it were proven true this would lead the path to much needed research and development in this area. It would also put an end somewhat to the psychological burden of dealing with mainstream medical views.

I'm currently trying to put some statistics together myself. If you have some time that would be great.
https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/370421-conducting-accutane-side-effect-survey/

Cheers,

MT

MemberMember
(@jackie-boots)

Posted : 04/01/2019 1:38 am

You probably wont get this message but I was searching the internet after just realizing my sex drive has literally disappeared. I never realized it before but looking back I can tell it was a gradual thing. I was on accutane for 4 months and decided to stop taking it 2 weeks ago. I actually stopped it for other reasons but yea. That drug is not good. You arent the only one.

Dubya_B liked