Notifications
Clear all

Every Moisturizer Clogs my Pores

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 08/05/2017 8:26 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had this problem, too. I have tried so many store bought moisturizers, and literally all of them clog my pores, which usually leads to break outs. I've tried a several of Neutrogena's moisturizers, Cerave, Cetaphil, and some CVS brand ones. After a couple of uses, sometimes longer, I start to notice a lot of clogged pores, even in places I don't normally get them. Could I be applying moisturizer wrong, or something? My skin is so dry and flaky from benzoyl peroxide, and the only moisturizer that effectively moisturized was Cetaphil, but it broke me out after 2 uses. I know it's the moisturizers doing this because benzoyl peroxide has basically completely cleared my skin, I've been using it for 2 months.

What moisturizers do people use that TRULY don't break you out or clog your pores? I'm just at a loss at this point. I hate to keep spending money and trying my products just for them to fail over and over again. Should I look to more expensive stuff? Should I see a dermatologist about my extremely clog prone skin? It's just getting ridiculous, I don't understand why my skin is this sensitive. Should I just accept that every moisturizer does this to me and just deal with the extra mild acne and the severe flaking? Any advice is appreciated.

MemberMember
(@rickyticky)

Posted : 08/05/2017 9:43 pm

I would check outSebamed Clear Face Care Gel as it has literally zero pore-clogging ingredients. It doesn't containany fatty alcohols, denatured alcohols, fragrances, extracts, colorants, emulsifiers or oils. This is basically your safest bet.

MemberMember
(@needledack)

Posted : 08/06/2017 1:27 pm

la toleriane fluide la roche posay...it's a little pricey but it works...read people's personal testimonials on reddit.

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 08/06/2017 1:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Are these moisturizers very moisturizing? I do also have a problem where a lot of moisturizers just don't do anything for the excessive flaking I get, which probably makes my skin condition worse.

I'll try these both out after Dan's moisturizer doesn't work for me. Has anyone here tried the Acne.org moisturizer from Dan?