Notifications
Clear all

Acne problem

MemberMember
(@dom9)

Posted : 08/03/2017 8:19 am

Hi guys, you are literally my only hope. I keep getting all those pimples, most of them with no head but huge surface. My skin texture is very uneven and bumpy. I've tried not to squeeze them but some leave scar on my face anyway. I'm really desperate, I've read and tried all the over the counter products (well most of them) and nothing seems to be helping. I'm taking vitamins zinc and D3 with calcium but nothing so far. I drink over 2 litres of water everyday, reducing the sugar,mainly eating 'the good stuff'. Any idea what can help me? Please help! It really lowered my self esteem and starting to hate myself.

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/03/2017 5:55 pm

if your using vitamins (which is good), drinking more water & reducing sugar in your diet, i would assume your diet is ok(?)

how many times a day do you wash your face? also what products do you use?

worth noting there is many different types of acne (hormonal,diet, yeast, fungal, sensitivity to products including SLS, etc) and each has its own treatment. (for eg, here is someone who had a yeast problem http://longhairedatheart.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/yeast-had-caused-my-bad-skin.html )

Dom9 liked
MemberMember
(@dom9)

Posted : 08/04/2017 5:24 am

Hi, I'm washing it two times only in the morning and evening. I'm currently using Paula's choice acne extra strength kit, but don't find it any helpful. Tea tree oil does not help reducing the size and amount of the pimples. I've tried loads of drying products (such as mario badescu's lotion) but nothing works. It is mainly concentrated on my cheeks and I get those big red ones very often. I've been to a dermatologist and she told me I have a beautiful skin but I don't know how to take care of it (how is this supposed to help). She prescribed bioderma blemish kit for me to try, but it didn't make a difference again. I think I just don't know exactly where the problem is and I've tried and used the wrong solutions and that's why it's it working on me.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/04/2017 2:48 pm

8 hours ago, Dom9 said:

Hi, I'm washing it two times only in the morning and evening. I'm currently using Paula's choice acne extra strength kit, but don't find it any helpful. Tea tree oil does not help reducing the size and amount of the pimples. I've tried loads of drying products (such as mario badescu's lotion) but nothing works. It is mainly concentrated on my cheeks and I get those big red ones very often. I've been to a dermatologist and she told me I have a beautiful skin but I don't know how to take care of it (how is this supposed to help). She prescribed bioderma blemish kit for me to try, but it didn't make a difference again. I think I just don't know exactly where the problem is and I've tried and used the wrong solutions and that's why it's it working on me.

its up to you buti would recommendassessing your skin to get a good idea of your problem. just take a week off all your treatments/creams and during this time only wash your face twice a day with only cool water (no soap).

if your skin calms down within 3 days, you can guarantee one or more of those acne creams/treatments are bad for your skin type.

MemberMember
(@dom9)

Posted : 08/04/2017 5:17 pm

I'll definitely try that. Many thanks :)