Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've suffered from severe acne since I was 12, went on Lymecycline at 13 for 6-7 months and have been left with dark marks and these scars? (I'm 15) Lymecycline cleared my cystic and pauple acne but my skin doesn't look that much better. At first I thought my scars were enlarged pores so I tried pore strips etc. - they didn't work. I suspect they are ice pick scars but I genuinely don't know. Could someone please suggest what they are and possibly give me advice on how get rid of them. Thanks in advance x

Edited by AnaMontana

These are scarred pores or macules. Your 15 so I have to be conservative with my advice, your young, and will heal. I would do some light peels maybe glycolic sold on acne.org (It will take many) or talk to your Dr about retin a / tretinorin/ retinoid. You have dark skin so please be careful of hyperpigmentation with acids and harsh chemicals, ... you are more prone to this. Do lighter percentages. For other possible cheaper cures please sign up and post on http://www.reddit.com and sign up for the sub skincareaddiction. There are tons of people on there to give you advice.