Notifications
Clear all

Need Help Regarding my scars? Are they rolling? Can you rate them?

MemberMember
(@mrgunner3)

Posted : 07/29/2017 10:39 pm

Hello. 

Im 20 years old.
I suffer from Inflammatory bowel Disease. Part of my suffering. Sometimes requires me to go on Steroids.  However I have received lots of acne as result, Scars also.

That is why i come here today. Most of my scars sit on my right side of my face. Unfortunately the way the scars sit it creates almost like a slash :(.  I also have scars that are forming on left side due to recent cysts.

So.....

I was wondering how bad do you think they are? Do they disfigure my face? I feel ugly now days.  I just want an honesty of how they look. 

Also If I'm correct Subscion is the treatment for me? 

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarwarrior)

Posted : 07/30/2017 2:45 am

I'm not a doctor but I would really try to treat the IBS or manage your diet/food allergies/stress so you potentially avoid the steroids.

I have had much worse scars than you do and it has not stopped me from having success with dating. Your style, confidence, physical fitness and personality are equally important as your skin. Having said that, I would try to limit future scars and correct the scars that you do have.

I think subcision & needling would be good starting points. Subcision is going to give you the most improvement - probably 40-60% over 3 treatments and 6-10 microneedling treatments (Dermapen) will give you another 30% improvement for a total of 70%-90% improvement. For the post inflamatory redness, I would start with some hydroquinone OTC cream or Vbeam laser (usually around $300-$400 depending where you live) but will have almost instant effect. One treatment of Vbeam will likely reduce 50% of the redness overnight.

MemberMember
(@mrgunner3)

Posted : 07/30/2017 7:28 am

@Djdan

Thanks for the reply.
The disease is under control I do try my absolute best on that part. However it is the Disease version. Not (S) version.

Just out question. Do you have photos of your scarring before and after?

Also do they make me ugly. I know I already am lol but uglier?

Finally. Yeah I thought that would be the kind of treatment I need. I live In the UK Btw.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/30/2017 12:35 pm

@Mrgunner3 your biggest improvement will come through a series of TCA peels, I do not see subcision helping that much, your pitting is not deep. It's mainly textural.

Please look into some therapy, that will give you the needed improvement you need with treatment. In the US you can goto a college therpy dept(even if you don't goto one) or the talkspace is a app. Your asking people in public if your ugly, thismakes me concerned for you, we cannot fix this low self esteem. Your scars are minimal.

No treatment gives you 100%, it takes a few treatments over a period of time, with a small amount of improvement.

Vbeam or IPL takes 3-6 treatments, not 1.

MemberMember
(@mrgunner3)

Posted : 07/30/2017 1:30 pm

@beautifulambition

Okay.

I've currently got a appointment with a derm in six months for all this.

The reason I asked is simple because before my scars i used to have no problems with girls. Called handsome however since receiving them. Not so much....

In terms of treatment would you say it will be hard to treat? And I'm looking for the most cost effective.

I appreciate all advice.

MemberMember
(@scarwarrior)

Posted : 08/01/2017 1:22 am

You should see a therapist like BeautifulAmbition said. I'm almost 30 years old and I suffered with scars all my life and despite it not impacting my dating life, it has impacted my self esteem in other ways. It's good to go talk to somebody, it will make a huge difference in the quality of your life.

To answer your question - you have a good bone structure and you have good features. Some girls will not mind the scars, but some will. Depends on the type of girl that you are going for - the more superficial ones obsessed with their looks will obviously care more. Eitherway, treating the acne scars will generally help how others perceive you.