Notifications
Clear all

Help! Accutane Lips!

MemberMember
(@candace-c-2)

Posted : 07/23/2017 3:51 pm

I started Accutane 2 weeks ago, and now have cracks and blisters on my lips. Searching for any remedy (Blistex, Vaseline, and Neutrogena cream do not work, and I applied them constantly (like every 5 minutes)), I found out about hydrocortisone through a pharmacist. They said there's a prescription cream that contains it. Immediately I bought a tube of Hydrocortisone Cream, and applied it last night. It burned so bad that I was crying for nearly 5 minutes. Again I tried it today and the same excruciating pain happened. Any other suggestions?

MemberMember
(@loulou27)

Posted : 10/09/2018 9:46 pm

Try Dr Dan's cortibalm. It's highly effective and was made by a dermatologist just for this complaint. CORTIBALM .:)

MemberMember
(@crystal1989)

Posted : 10/11/2018 4:59 pm

Hello,
I have been using Nivea Original lip balm since the start of my treatment, 23 days ago. Apart from being  dry and tight first thing in the morning,my lips have been brilliant. No cracking. Slight peeling but that's manageable. (although I am only on 20mg per day.)  I apply about every half an hour and every time after eating or drinking. 
I hope your lips become better soon. :)