Ugly Spot From Skin...

Notifications
Clear all

Ugly Spot From Skin Picking !!

MemberMember
(@strategicscholar)

Posted : 07/22/2017 12:48 pm

About a month ago I developed a rather large red pimple on my nose.  I attempted to treat it with hydrocortisone to calm the inflammation.  After about 3 days, I attempted to pop the pimple before it was ready BIG MISTAKE #1.  The next day I began to see a dark spot forming.  It got worse until the point where I began to pick the skin BIG MISTAKE #2.  I picked at it until most of the dark spot was gone, I applied triple antibiotic to it and went to sleep.  When I woke up the dark spot had returned even bigger.  Please help, because I've just started my new job and a dark spot on my nose is very noticeable.

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@strategicscholar)

Posted : 07/26/2017 11:16 am

UPDATE! I ordered a 25% glycolic peel and yesterday I applied it to my face. I am not sure how it will work but I am hoping for a light peel of that top layer of skin to help diminish the darkness of the spot.

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 07/27/2017 3:05 pm

Just give it more time and do not pick on it again if you don't like the idea of having a scar on your nose. The scrub will fall off by itself in a week or even more depending on how deep is the wound.

MemberMember
(@plastic22)

Posted : 03/16/2024 7:58 pm

Similar thing happened to me recently. Did this ever go away / any tips?