What moisturizer sh...

Notifications
Clear all

What moisturizer should I use?

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 07/20/2017 4:21 pm

Hey guys,

I've been doing the regimen for almost 7 weeks now, using store-bought products, and it has helped me a lot, but I still do get bumps every now and then and I still have a lot of clogged pores and whiteheads, so I think I should make the switch to Dan's BP, which I already use for my body acne. I originally used a CVS brand 2.5% BP + moisturizer, but I just don't think it's as effective, and it's way too expensive to use in the long run.

I just don't know which moisturizer to use though, since I can't currently order Dan's moisturizer. I have the Cerave moisturizing lotion, but I know that has pore clogging ingredients. Can anyone share their experience with this moisturizer? I'm scared of breaking out when I've made a lot of progress the last few weeks. Any better moisturizers out there that don't make people break out? Please help me decide, thanks!

MemberMember
(@tiffanyclaire)

Posted : 07/25/2017 4:05 pm

Everyone's skin will react differently to different types of moisturizers. I use Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream and have no problems with it, but it does break other people out. I, too, have use Cerave's Moisturizing Cream and also had no problems while other people did. When it comes to skincare, there will ALWAYS be an ingredient that may be deemed "irritating" or "pore clogging" to one person and not to another.

My piece of advice for you is: If the Cerave moisturizer is working for you and doing a sufficient job at getting rid of flakiness, keep using it. It is gentle and dermatologist recommended, so you shouldn't worry too much about "pore clogging ingredients" if it is not personally clogging your pores.

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 07/26/2017 3:30 pm

Hello hello!

I have struggled with moisturizers, too! In fact, the majority of the ones I've tried either gave me contact dermatitis or they broke me out. It has been the one step in my skincare routine that I could not nail down for years. I have restarted using The Regimen using the Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream on my face. I do not have eczema, but the cream claims to be gentle to use every day while strengthening your skin's natural moisture barrier. I had to stop using The Regimen because no moisturizer was helping me out, so I am hoping with the Aveeno, it will finally work. I've been using this cream for about three weeks now and I like it so far. You can find it at your local Target or Walmart.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 07/26/2017 4:29 pm

I've been using the Cerave ever since I made this post, and I think I'm not breaking out on it, but I think it's too early to tell. Like sometimes I get pustules or clogged pores, but no more than usual? The Cerave hasn't thus far been controlling the flaking I get on my chin and around my mouth, though, so I may try out the Cetaphil one or the Aveeno one if my flaking doesn't go away soon. I think maybe I just need to get used to Dan's BP, it's way more drying than what I was using. Thanks for the suggestions!

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/27/2017 2:04 pm

Im a bit new here, and also very new to the regimen. When you say that a moisturizer doesn't work, what do you mean then? That it somehow doesnt moist your face? Or that your face is still dry?