Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

I'm 14 and my acne is killing me. I have a super low self esteem, especially since I used to think I was good looking before I had acne. Now, I can't even look in a mirror without getting depressed. To make things worse, I'm the only one with acne in your family. My parents never had it as bad as me, by brother had perfect smooth skin his whole life, did my sister only gets small breakouts around her period. I have tried everything. Every cleanser, moisturizer, cream, pad and it hasn't helped. It hurts so much when I'm talking to someone and I can see their second drifting over to my breakouts. And my mom won't let me go to the dermatologist because she thinks that since I'm still growing. All my friends love my personality but they don't get to see it outside school that often because I would rather stay inside where no one can see my skin. I can feel my breakouts on my face and it just makes me want to breakdown and bawl my eyes out. I'm scared to brush my teeth at night and have to go to a completely different room because I can't stand to look in the mirror. My teen years are supposed to be fun but I can't have it. I don't even know the cause my acne. All I know is to whatever products I put on my face and no matter what I do to my skincare routine my acne won't get better. The last thing I'm trying right now is NoFap. If it doesn't work then i don't know what to do about it besides just dealing with it. I'm just  tired of having acne and I want to go away already. What did I ever do to deserve acne?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop complaining here!!!!
Start doing something!!!!
have you tried changing your pillow?  Have you tried changing your habits?? Have you tried changing your diet??
have you tried going to sleep early???
have you tried not getting obsessed about acne???
 

Edited by AhaGuru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you give us with some information about your acne so that we can help you? I don't think NoFap will help you. There's not enough scientific evidence to prove that refraining from masturbation affects acne. Remember, it's all about managing acne, not curing. I've brought my acne down to a level in which it's now manageable. I was depressed from having acne too. 

Edited by ImTheTinMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to a dermatologist many of the acne treatments are very safe for teens.  I had moderate acne all over my face at your age. I had about 30 pimples constantly at your age and had already been on antibiotics. I am 24 and my acne is returning after five years of clear skin. Changing your lifestyle will not help in he meantime wear makeup use maybelline green cover stick followed by concealer in your skin tone. It's okay to use makeup as long as it does not contain oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RNAcne said:

Go to a dermatologist many of the acne treatments are very safe for teens.  I had moderate acne all over my face at your age. I had about 30 pimples constantly at your age and had already been on antibiotics. I am 24 and my acne is returning after five years of clear skin. Changing your lifestyle will not help in he meantime wear makeup use maybelline green cover stick followed by concealer in your skin tone. It's okay to use makeup as long as it does not contain oil.

How come you are not acne free??!!!  
Dermatologist should have cured your acne once and forever!
you are a nurse you should know better! Edited by AhaGuru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. Show your mom your  post and tell her again how you are feeling. Be totally honest.  Go and see your GP with her and ask to be referred to a dermatologist. A skin expert will give you lots of different options and they can keep working towards a solution for you. Taking action is what you need to do. That alone will start to make you feel better. Sometimes parents just  hope you will naturally grow out of acne and forget how hard it is having to cope  with acne day in day out. Because they grew out of it doesn't mean you will be the same. We are all different.  There are more options now than there were. A dermatologist is  what you  need. Good luck and stay positive. Take action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the 11 years since I first developed  acne for 9 of them I have had 100 percent clear skin. Acne can not be cured but can be put in complete remission by isotretinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2017 at 3:31 PM, RNAcne said:

Out of the 11 years since I first developed  acne for 9 of them I have had 100 percent clear skin. Acne can not be cured but can be put in complete remission by isotretinion. 

If cancer can be cured just by baking soda, then acne is the easiest skin disease to be cured
sorry but it looks like you only know what pill kills disease symptoms 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AhaGuru said:

If cancer can be cured just by baking soda


There have been no published clinical trials of sodium bicarbonate as a treatment for cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jwalk said:

There have been no published clinical trials of sodium bicarbonate as a treatment for cancer.
A lot of clinical trials have not been proven to cure something!  But it doesn't mean it doesn't work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AhaGuru said:

A lot of clinical trials have not been proven to cure something!  But it doesn't mean it doesn't work!


If there is no proof then there is no reason to assume it works. in fact, quite the opposite. Research suggests that sodium bicarbonate can affect the PH levels around cancerous cells and cause them to shrink. However, the amount of sodium bicarbonate required to change the PH levels around the cancerous cells is 12g per cubic millimetre. The average tumour size is 7.5cm, meaning you would need a daily dose of 9000g, which would be fatal to humans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jwalk said:

If there is no proof then there is no reason to assume it works. in fact, quite the opposite. Research suggests that sodium bicarbonate can affect the PH levels around cancerous cells and cause them to shrink. However, the amount of sodium bicarbonate required to change the PH levels around the cancerous cells is 12g per cubic millimetre. The average tumour size is 7.5cm, meaning you would need a daily dose of 9000g, which would be fatal to humans. 
To every process there is a rule, if you don't follow it can be fatal 
Not every drug is suitable for everyone and not every dose is suitable for everyone 
8 hours ago, AhaGuru said:
To every process there is a rule, if you don't follow it can be fatal 
Not every drug is suitable for everyone and not every dose is suitable for everyone 
The fact is baking soda is very safe to use
Medicine is business and they try to find a cure to make profit Edited by AhaGuru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AhaGuru said:

The fact is baking soda is very safe to use


Not in the quantities required to alter the PH levels in your body and shrink cancerous tissue. 
 
On 27 July 2017 at 6:31 AM, AhaGuru said:

If cancer can be cured just by baking soda, then acne is the easiest skin disease to be cured


Back to your original point, even if cancer could be cured with baking soda it doesn't necessarily follow that acne would be easier to cure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jwalk said:

Not in the quantities required to alter the PH levels in your body and shrink cancerous tissue. 
 
Back to your original point, even if cancer could be cured with baking soda it doesn't necessarily follow that acne would be easier to cure.
It's easier than what most people think
a lot of people are just lazy to change their diet and habits and do research on their own
they rather pop pill for instant acne cure
Most people Just don't know how skin work and heal


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@nakkax No one deserves acne but we have just to deal with it. You haven't found your solution yet but you will someday, may it be a chemical one or a natural one.

We can only suggest things but you'll know what suits your skin. Do something first. Cliche but yes, try until you succeed. You will get there soon and we are all here for you with whatever is going on in your mind. We are all in this together! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 2:13 PM, nakkax said:

I'm 14 and my acne is killing me. I have a super low self esteem, especially since I used to think I was good looking before I had acne. Now, I can't even look in a mirror without getting depressed. To make things worse, I'm the only one with acne in your family. My parents never had it as bad as me, by brother had perfect smooth skin his whole life, did my sister only gets small breakouts around her period. I have tried everything. Every cleanser, moisturizer, cream, pad and it hasn't helped. It hurts so much when I'm talking to someone and I can see their second drifting over to my breakouts. And my mom won't let me go to the dermatologist because she thinks that since I'm still growing. All my friends love my personality but they don't get to see it outside school that often because I would rather stay inside where no one can see my skin. I can feel my breakouts on my face and it just makes me want to breakdown and bawl my eyes out. I'm scared to brush my teeth at night and have to go to a completely different room because I can't stand to look in the mirror. My teen years are supposed to be fun but I can't have it. I don't even know the cause my acne. All I know is to whatever products I put on my face and no matter what I do to my skincare routine my acne won't get better. The last thing I'm trying right now is NoFap. If it doesn't work then i don't know what to do about it besides just dealing with it. I'm just  tired of having acne and I want to go away already. What did I ever do to deserve acne?

I know how it feels...but mine is not just acne but scars and acne....and I also think the same as you"what did ever do to deserve acne?TT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2017 at 11:28 AM, AhaGuru said:

Stop complaining here!!!!
Start doing something!!!!
have you tried changing your pillow?  Have you tried changing your habits?? Have you tried changing your diet??
have you tried going to sleep early???
have you tried not getting obsessed about acne???
 

Sir I apologize for being so straightforward, I didn't meant to be mean, hurt your feelings or like jazzguy mentioned being abusive in my words.
I hope you'll use advice people give you and have clear skin one day and always feel great!!
please accept my apologies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think acne its because of our cleaning habit in daily, we have to care to our face/body in cleaning, like me, I have a shower for 2 or 3 times a day and I never have acne at all until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×