Notifications
Clear all

Derminator and suction

MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/19/2017 3:46 am

I have read the manuals at Own.com and they talk about using a single needle before suctioning. I cannot tell if they are talking about the single needle on the Derminator or a Dermaroller or a Dermapen. I gave the Derminator and I gave single needles. Can I use this and how would it be used to get ready for suctioning? I don't have a Dermaroller or Dermapen and I am afraid I might have bought the suction device and can't use it. Any help is appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/19/2017 8:41 am

Frankly it does not work well with microneedling. It works great for subcision done by a derm. You can of course do it with a single needle and the derminator or a lancet. I doubt one would be able to subcise and break tethers w/ tiny little shallow needles, derms procedures are better. It is used 2 weeks to 3 weeks after sub for 5 times a day instead of filler.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/19/2017 12:12 pm

What, in your opinion, are the single needles for the Derminator machine good for?

MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/19/2017 12:37 pm

When you say derm do you mean a dermatologist or something that can be done at home as in Dermaroller or Dermastamp?
Thanks!

MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/19/2017 3:45 pm

Can someone tell me what kinds of scars these are?   I have had them for almost 30 years now.   Thanks. 

IMG_20170719_164054.jpg

IMG_20170719_164021.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/21/2017 6:05 am

Single needles from owndoc are good for small scars, or wrinkles. A derm is a dermatologist and do better procedures with subcision than a microneedle machine. Suction is only used for subcision. You have a combo of things going on surface box cars, icepicks and large pores. I would not be using the single needle at all. Derminator the whole area if your treating (cheeks), Try to do TCA spot peels on the cheeks. I feel there are too many spots to cross, but this possibly could be done at a dermatologist. For large pores a gentle laser is clear and brilliant or infini rf. So at home microneedle the cheeks and do tca peels (or get them done at a doctor / med spa). It will take a while to treat. You major issue is orange peel texture.

Cimber liked
MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/21/2017 10:17 am

Hi, would I be better off just seeing if I can return the suction tool and the single needles? I do have the Jessner and TCA peels. In your opinion would I do a peel, a month later do another peel, then the Derminator? I'm not sure of the order or how long to wait in between. I have been doing 1.75 on my cheeks on medium speed for a 6 inch so an on my cheeks which was about 20 minutes. I am wondering because of all the textures in my skin if I should be using 2.0 or 2.25. Any opinions? You have no idea how much I appreciate your help. Are you the only person that sees my posts? I hope I am posting so that the public can see it so I can also see what they do. Any suggestions on how to wear foundation so it doesn't just just look like a bunch of holes when it's on?? Even when I use primer it still settles in. Thank you so much!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/22/2017 5:43 am

Yes if you can,
Once a month you do a treatment, depending on how you heal up, some have no time for ... down time so they do a few treatments a year.
You can do deeper on your cheeks.
Yes it's all public - look at the view count in scar sub next to your post 😉
Foundation is a hard one. Watch youtube. Wayne Goss does some foundation then primer thing for pores. Benefit porefessional helps some it's a blurring effect on the pores. You need to goto like a Sephora and find a makeup that does not settle into the pores. Dewy ends up being better than matte for this.

Moisturize the crap out of your skin before, some need a serum and a mosturizer. There is pore filler putty like primers, talk to Sephora. I know hardly anything compared to the wonderful reddit.com sign up for the subs makeupaddiction and skincareaddiction great sources for info on topical / cosmetics and makeup

CHEZ9092 liked
MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/22/2017 2:25 pm

I love Wayne Goss! Do you think there is a better way to get my posts viewed? You seem to be the only one who responds to my posts, which I appreciate so much! I was hoping people who might have the same issues would share their routines or suggestions. Am I better off just commenting on others' posts in hopes of getting responses? As you can tell I have never been part of a forum before do I do apologize for all the questions. Thanks you for your patience! Do you know how many layers of TCA peels to do? I know Make up Artist Choice said I can do up to 4 or 5 layers to get frosting. I did get minimal frosting and some peeling. I haven't done the TCA peel yet. Would you recommend medium settings or fast for the Derminator? I am going to try the 2.0 and 2.5 next time I do it. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer my questions!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/23/2017 6:18 pm

1) For more of what your looking for please goto http://reddit.com and sign up for subs [removed] here it's very active and more about makeup and skincare. Your doing nothing wrong, I think you have more skincare issues than scar issues. the guys who post here are limited on this.

2) No layers, please do not do this. Goto the faq (top post acne scar sub), then tca peels section and click on the all things peels link, instructions are here.

3) Any setting is fine for derminator, it's how you heal 😉 slower goes deeper.

CHEZ9092 liked
MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/25/2017 3:23 am

Thank you so much!! You are awesome!!

MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 07/25/2017 9:39 am

I should have asked you this also. How do I tell the difference between the acne scars and large pores?

Thanks you!

MemberMember
(@chez9092)

Posted : 09/04/2017 3:40 am

Hi, can you give an opinion on how often I can alternate the Jessner peel, TCA peel, and the Derminator? Should I do there Derminator in between the peeks? I want to make sure I am giving my skin enough time to heal.
Thanks much!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/05/2017 8:30 am

You can't tell the difference between a large or scarred pore and acne scars, a derm can. Treatments are similar though.

Once a month for treatments, if you need more time then do what your body is telling you to heal. If you can do less per year of down time that's ok too.

MemberMember
(@okokokok123)

Posted : 11/01/2018 7:22 pm

On 7/25/2017 at 7:39 AM, CHEZ9092 said:

I should have asked you this also. How do I tell the difference between the acne scars and large pores?

Thanks you!

From all types of acne scars, Ice pick scars are the closest in resembling natural skin pores. Pores are natural channels/opening in the skin that have a scooped appearance similar to the indentations in an orange peel. Pores are
generally surrounded by other pores in a uniform distribution while ice pick scars may or may not be surrounded by other ice pick scars. In either case, the depth of the pore or acne scar is what determines whether TCA cross is indicated or not. The more narrow and deep the indentation, the more effective TCA cross will be.