Notifications
Clear all

Multi laser approach for severe scarring B/A UK

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 07/16/2017 5:51 am

Hi all, so I suffered from a pyogenic granuloma from a toxic reaction to accutane and was left with very obvious scars. As soon as i could I had an appointment with an very experienced dermatologist who also worked for the NHS and had around 20 years experience. Because I didn't want an inexperienced doctor there was a large premium on my treatment and I paid around 30%% more than I could have if i went elsewhere for the same treatment. I'm looking to have 4 treatments of c02 fractionalablative laser, Nd:Yag laser, and vbeam pulsed dye on my cheeks all together at the same time at intervals of 6-8 weeks apart. I've had one treatment so far and its 4 weeks post procedure and I'm very happy with the progress as I still have 3 more to go. The treatments cost 1000 each and are for the procedure and follow up.

gareth and dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@gareth)

Posted : 07/19/2017 11:42 am

I wish you luck. Hope it works out.

Who is your laser person if you don't mind me asking? Please pm me if you would rather say privately.

I've just seen a plastic surgeon for an acne scar (in the uk). They've recommended who I think is quite a highly regarded person in the uk for lasers. I was wondering if it's the same person! Although this person isn't a derm so might not be..

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 07/26/2017 10:55 am

I think maybe somewhere down the road, subcision and / or fillers would also help to re-volumize the indentations. It's great that you are sharing your journey. Wish you luck.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 07/26/2017 5:25 pm

Would you be able to tell us which doctor you're seeing? I'm also in the UK and it's really helpful to know which doctors people would recommend.

I wish you the best of luck with your scars and hope you get the improvement you want.

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 10/03/2017 10:42 am

IMG_2077.JPGThis is my other cheek 0= no treatments. And the other is sad times which is what caused he scarring in the first place which was in February. So I've come a long way, but I'm still pretty unhappy with my scars and have a fair amount to go. 

So far I've spent £3000 and look forward to the cheaper method of subcision and vbeam.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 10/03/2017 1:28 pm

Keep fighting the good fight.

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 10/30/2017 5:24 am

IMG_2402.JPG

Another status update, the redness is fading fast and pigment is returning so the scars look more like normal skin.  This is 6 weeks after my final c02 procedure. The other pictures are from 9 weeks ago for comparison. It still looks bad in indirect lighting however and I'm currently referred to a dermatologist for the care commission group to see if they will do any further work on them on the NHS. 

Horus liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/30/2017 5:35 pm

@Jacob a No laser can fill the deep indentation you have. You are better off getting subcision and filler. Subcision will cut or "untether" the fibrous band from underneath while the filler will instantly fill the void that has been created by the subcision. Filler will also work as a spacer that will help to stimulate collagen production. You will see immediate change, unlike lasers that can take up to 6 months to take notice.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 05/19/2018 2:36 pm

On 7/27/2017 at 9:59 PM, Jacob a said:

Maybe when I'm at the end of my treatment, as this is only my second there isn't much to recommend.

Hi Jacob. Hope your skin is continuing to improve. Would you be able to tell us which doctor your saw in the UK for your laser treatments?

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 08/28/2018 12:24 pm

1.5 years post 3x laser treatments. This is the before after shot.

Going to be having subcision filler in the next month  to fill out the cheeks

collage.jpg

malia02, kman101, Мyth and 5 people liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 08/28/2018 1:06 pm

im not gonna lie, I am really happy for you.

Jacob a liked
MemberMember
(@mp34601)

Posted : 08/28/2018 1:35 pm

Wow ! I don't even know you but this makes me so happy. Dramatic improvement !
You've obviously been very well taken care of. I hope you enjoy the results and best of luck with the rest of your treatment. I look forward to see after the subcision and fillers, if you want to keep us updated. I'm personnally looking into those so always interested to see other people's results.

MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/28/2018 3:35 pm

This improvement is crazy !
Good luck for the next step

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:37 am

Great results. It goes to show how long it can take to improve scars, in some cases up to 2 or more years. As BA has always stressed spread your treatments months apart. Scar remodelling can take up 4-6 months per session. All the best.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 09/02/2018 4:14 am

Been following your case since you first post. First, thanks for following up. You're one of the rare ones who've continued to post. That is pretty impressive, and you've come a really long way. I think some subcision and filler will help tremendously to lift revolumize the sunken areas. The pigmentation has improved so dramatically.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 09/03/2018 1:09 am

Congratulations on your improvement and thanks for sharing hope for others.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/21/2018 12:02 pm

Improvement is phenomenal. You are looking great!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/21/2018 2:41 pm

While I congratulate anyone's scar work. The scar is still there, ... the PIE or redness is gone with a tiny bit of tissue improvement. I would have started with subcision and filler as we don't resurface a road before filling the potholes. But the OP wanted to just do laser and I am glad he had sucess with the PIE - redness. Manual methods are always best first, this is rare that a bunch of laser to fat loss atrophy was used - first.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 03/31/2019 6:31 pm

Dear can I please know whom were you going to for your acne scar treatments? Because I also need laser treatment for acne scars. Id appreciate if you let me know that. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@vij)

Posted : 04/01/2019 12:23 am

Im so happy for you. your skin has somehow remodelled and filled in volume. Have you really used no fillers?

Seeing this topic has made my day :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/01/2019 8:01 am

I don't know why people pull up old posts. It has nothing to do with their scaring. Each scar type and person needs a customized individual plan.

I applaud patients for doing something to treat their scars, being finished or done with treatments is up to the individual(done is done). I could have helped this patient so much more but he did not want to listen and instead took the general advice of a Dr to have lots of laser treatments as such I hope he found happiness in his choice. This is a prime example of why laser won't just fix acne scars.

I think a lot of people do not understand acne scarring. His scars are still there, same as before (look closely at the pictures, NOT the color). Still has the atrophic fat loss - severe scarring.

There was no remodeling and filled scarring. Look at the picture. See the flash on the cheek, the different camera angle in b/a pics, scar is still there.

The only thing that changed is the PIE or redness(wounding healed),and a ""tiny" bit of softening. I do not treat scars like this, you treat deepest issue first and then treat based off of collagen growth and healing. This is why I don't suggest going to a Dr and having them blast you. No collagen was produces here, just softening, in fact with many Dr's this would make you loose additional collagen in this spot that is already deficient. IF you want to see a sucess story goto the FAQ pinned in the main scar treatment sub, find that section. Here they have multiple levels of sucess and % of improvement of their scars. IT's a journey not a quick fix, many want patients to think by just blasting them with lasers.

vij liked